PDA

View Full Version : Hate 7 seater cars!!!

16-07-2016, 10:09 PM
Today I went out looking to get a new car but have hit a stumbling block......after 14 years of having a 7 seater car I have decided that I actually loathe them!!!! And to top it off I have fallen completely in love with a Mini lol. I want a mini so badly! Plus they are a lot more affordable!!! Just a slight problem with fitting 3 car seats in them :(

moggy
17-07-2016, 08:40 AM
Today I went out looking to get a new car but have hit a stumbling block......after 14 years of having a 7 seater car I have decided that I actually loathe them!!!! And to top it off I have fallen completely in love with a Mini lol. I want a mini so badly! Plus they are a lot more affordable!!! Just a slight problem with fitting 3 car seats in them :(

3 car seats- one in the front, no problem! My previous car would only fit 2 car seats in the back so had one in the front.

clareelizabeth1
17-07-2016, 10:32 AM
Look in to multimac. They can fit a bench seat to accommodate 3 carseats in the back of a mini.

blue bear
17-07-2016, 02:13 PM

I would love a mini , please post if you find a solution to at seats and buy one, a mini is on my retirement wish list :laughing:

loocyloo
17-07-2016, 05:18 PM
Dh has a mini ... I use it occasionally with minded children. I find it an absolute faff though to clamber in and out of back to do car seats up!

clareelizabeth1
18-07-2016, 07:41 AM
This is the seat i was talking about. Sits children from birth to 12 years so in afect you could have a fourth with one in the front.

BallyH
18-07-2016, 10:08 AM
This is the seat i was talking about. Sits children from birth to 12 years so in afect you could have a fourth with one in the front.

That looks fab. But where would I put my 6ft teenagers at the weekends?

clareelizabeth1
18-07-2016, 11:58 AM
That looks fab. But where would I put my 6ft teenagers at the weekends?

According to the website its easy to take in and out but bet it weighs a ton

danisidders
18-07-2016, 12:03 PM
I've just gone from a seven seater Zafira into a 5 door mini, you only still got in 2 seats in the back but as its 5 door it's a lot easier to get them in !

19-07-2016, 01:07 PM
Omg!!!! I am so jealous! I have been sulking over this for days now lol and desperately trying to think of ways around it. I live close to the preschool, school and shops aswell as a lovely park so know that I could walk to most places and then there's always the bus :). I'm not sure about putting a child seat in the front of a car and wether that would b deeply frowned upon?!?!? Decisions! Decisions!

moggy
19-07-2016, 01:30 PM
Omg!!!! I am so jealous! I have been sulking over this for days now lol and desperately trying to think of ways around it. I live close to the preschool, school and shops aswell as a lovely park so know that I could walk to most places and then there's always the bus :). I'm not sure about putting a child seat in the front of a car and wether that would b deeply frowned upon?!?!? Decisions! Decisions!

I put one in the front for years- no problem. It is completely allowed as long as you follow the regulations about rear/front facing and airbags on/off. Never been a problem.

alex__17
19-07-2016, 05:04 PM
I always put one in the front of my tiny Hyundai i10, was never a problem