PDA

View Full Version : Health Check - PND

RachelSmurf
16-07-2016, 04:05 PM
Hi, has anyone had PND and failed becoming a childminder because of this?

sarah707
16-07-2016, 08:20 PM
It depends on whether the condition is well managed...

Generally speaking if you take medication and it is controlled Ofsted doctors will give the ok for suitability checks.

However, it will delay the application because after the medical check goes through Ofsted will then want the pre-reg childminder to visit their own doctors - they will then often visit before doing a pre-reg visit.

I hope that helps :D

blue bear
16-07-2016, 09:08 PM
I had pond four years before coming a childminder, not a problem on the medical form.

RachelSmurf
17-07-2016, 08:01 PM
It depends on whether the condition is well managed...

Generally speaking if you take medication and it is controlled Ofsted doctors will give the ok for suitability checks.

However, it will delay the application because after the medical check goes through Ofsted will then want the pre-reg childminder to visit their own doctors - they will then often visit before doing a pre-reg visit.

I hope that helps :D

Thanks you for your response. It is controlled and I have 2 young children myself and no issues! Just don't want to pay out for Pacey and then get denied!

halor
18-07-2016, 09:45 PM
I had been on medication for depression for years when I applied and I also have epilepsy, I'd been seizure free for a few years. The doctor filled out the form and was also kind enough to do a covering letter stating that she was more than happy that I was medically suitable to care for children. Ofsted were happy with that and I didn't need to do anything further x