PDA

View Full Version : Men in childcare attacked by MP...

sarah707
15-07-2016, 05:34 PM
MP Andrea Leadsom - in an interview with the Times - said that 'it would be sensible not to appoint a man to look after young children because of the danger he might be a paedophile'.

There has been a huge backlash on her Facebook account, on twitter, in the national and early years press and more.

Absolutely shocking comments that need to be challenged at the highest level :panic:

FloraDora
15-07-2016, 05:57 PM
This woman is a liability!

She apparently said it last Friday in the same journalist discussion with The Times when she said She would be better at being PM than Theresa May because she was a mother.
It seems Downing Street have said that she had a male nanny for 5 years ....so she clearly doesn't really think this - she just has no idea how to discuss anything ...especially to a journalist ...who know how to word things to catch you out.

They will need to employ someone to vet and support all her interviews in the future or continuous Times articles will keep appearing ( they will be out to catch her now I think)
So far she has boobied on gay marriage, motherhood versus childlessness and now all men are potential paedophiles!!

Theresa must be really doing some strategic planning on this woman's appointment.

Good to see social media and all the other newspapers are supporting men......all male EY professionals must be blowing gaskets currently!!!

Kiddleywinks
15-07-2016, 06:29 PM
I'm flabbergasted at the ignorance of some politicians, I really am!
Where the hell are our politicians "British values" when they spout this tat?
There's no respect, celebration of diversity, inclusion....

To all our male colleagues : we appreciate and value your contribution wholeheartedly!

As someone said on one of the many angry posts I've seen today, gender doesn't make a paedophile, sexual preference does!

bunyip
15-07-2016, 06:44 PM
I'm flabbergasted at the ignorance of some politicians, I really am!
Where the hell are our politicians "British values" when they spout this tat?
There's no respect, celebration of diversity, inclusion....

To all our male colleagues : we appreciate and value your contribution wholeheartedly!

As someone said on one of the many angry posts I've seen today, gender doesn't make a paedophile, sexual preference does!

Thank you.

I need say no more about Ms Leadsom other than point out that an awful lot of MPs seem to parody themselves far better than Spitting Image could ever have done. :p

BallyH
15-07-2016, 10:17 PM
Imagine the chaos this would cause to society if this was 'forced'. All the young children who would miss out on vital nurturing and care from positive male role models. It just isn't worth thinking about.

watford wizz
16-07-2016, 05:30 AM
What about all those single dads/gay couples who do a brilliant job. Those who harm children can be male or female. Very dangerous comment even if it is a twist by the press.