PDA

View Full Version : Started training and DBS and Narcolepsy

Karen1983
14-07-2016, 06:02 PM
I have just started my HBCA course and I was wondering when I should apply for the DBS? Ive been told to wait until the very end but I have read that this should be done as soon as possible?

Also does anyone know if Narcolepsy can prevent you from being a childminder by Ofstead? I have it well controlled with medication and not had an attack while on medication. I was asleep for most of my pregnancy due to not being on the med but my baby is 4 months old now and im back on the medication. I hope my doctor is well informed on it!

Thanks!

sarah707
14-07-2016, 06:55 PM
The process is do the course then apply for dbs and medical check.

it's a risk to wait if you know you have a medical condition but there isn't another way round it I'm afraid.

When Ofsted receive your medical check back from your doctor they will probably ask you to go and see their doctors who will decide whether you are suitable to work as a childminder ...

Ofsted follow their doctor's advice. It might delay your application by a month or so while appointments come through and decisions are made.

If they decide you are not suitable they will stop your application at that point.

If, as you say, it is well controlled then hopefully you will be ok x