PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon go

FussyElmo
14-07-2016, 03:25 PM
So who has got the app?

We have spent the last hour at the park visiting Pokestops and trying to catch Pokemon.
The craziest part is other people were too :laughing::D:D

loocyloo
14-07-2016, 03:58 PM
So who has got the app?

We have spent the last hour at the park visiting Pokestops and trying to catch Pokemon.
The craziest part is other people were too :laughing::D:D

I'd never heard of this, till it was on the radio yesterday, and I'm REALLY keen ... BUT, I have about 1001 things to do between now and middle of next week :panic:, so am not even looking at it till then!:littleangel:

I'm thinking it could be a great way to get out & about over the holidays ... might even tempt the teenager out of the house! :D:laughing::D

Mouse
14-07-2016, 04:22 PM
My 23 year old son has been playing it for a week or so now (however long it's been out). Their dog has never been on so many walks :laughing:

Apparently there's a gym at the post office down the road from us and you see lots of people standing outside. He drove his girlfriend mad in Asda the other night. She was trying to get the shopping done but he kept dashing off to find pokemon!

mama2three
14-07-2016, 04:50 PM
My almost 23 year old and 21 year old boys are already addicted. Apparently the eldest now controls 2 local gyms!

tulip0803
14-07-2016, 07:10 PM
My son is cursing the fact that he has an old flip phone and is tagging along with friends at then moment - He is 24 and wanted to be a Pokémon trainer when he grew up! x

BallyH
15-07-2016, 08:20 AM
According to my 20yr old son it crashed last night because so many people were using it. All I'm seeing is teenagers/adults walking around looking at their phones - but then that's nothing new I suppose.

FussyElmo
15-07-2016, 08:46 AM
According to my 20yr old son it crashed last night because so many people were using it. All I'm seeing is teenagers/adults walking around looking at their phones - but then that's nothing new I suppose.

I have walked 5km just to hatch an egg this game will either kill me or get me fit.

Our park never looks so busy!@

mumofone
15-07-2016, 08:55 AM
I'm reading this thread with absolutely no clue what any of you are talking about??!!! :-)

mama2three
15-07-2016, 10:16 AM
Two fall from cliff reportedly playing Pokemon Go (http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/two-fall-from-cliff-reportedly-playing-pokemon-go/ar-BBulWCY?li=BBoPOOl&ocid=mailsignoutmd)

This tells you a bit about it mumofone

FussyElmo
15-07-2016, 10:40 AM
Two fall from cliff reportedly playing Pokemon Go (http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/two-fall-from-cliff-reportedly-playing-pokemon-go/ar-BBulWCY?li=BBoPOOl&ocid=mailsignoutmd)

This tells you a bit about it mumofone

In fairness if they are that stupid it's a wonder how they manage to stay alive 😆

Ripeberry
15-07-2016, 01:07 PM
A bit like Geocaching without running the gauntlet of cows, mud, nettles and muggles!

moggy
15-07-2016, 08:55 PM
I don't know much about it but this was circulated at school:
https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/online-safety/pokemon-go-parents-guide/

loocyloo
15-07-2016, 09:01 PM
A bit like Geocaching without running the gauntlet of cows, mud, nettles and muggles!

:-D:-D:-D

I have to say, that this afternoon a random male parked outside school (in no parking zone) and went up path towards school, then came back and walked round side of children's centre all whilst staring at his phone. He was asked what he was doing and he said he was catching pokemon.

We were all concerned that people may try to access schools etc just to find pokemon. (When geocaching you can't hide a geocache close to a school/etc)

BallyH
15-07-2016, 09:59 PM
I don't know much about it but this was circulated at school:
https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/online-safety/pokemon-go-parents-guide/

Thanks for the info. Will have to check my 13yr son hasn't got access to cash to buy extra's.

BallyH
15-07-2016, 10:00 PM
:-D:-D:-D

I have to say, that this afternoon a random male parked outside school (in no parking zone) and went up path towards school, then came back and walked round side of children's centre all whilst staring at his phone. He was asked what he was doing and he said he was catching pokemon.

We were all concerned that people may try to access schools etc just to find pokemon. (When geocaching you can't hide a geocache close to a school/etc)

Oh dear. Not good.