PDA

View Full Version : I am feeling so low right now :( feel like quitting

lovechildcare1
13-07-2016, 09:59 PM
Hi there, I am feeling very low, dejected and feel like quitting I am having a really hard time at the minute. I have had complaints made about me, I have children start and then leave straight away and been told I am a rubbish childminder and do not know how to care for children :( I know I am a good childminder and am good at what i do. I am really struggling to fill my spaces too and if things don't pick up soon I will be quitting for good :( its just one thing after another

FloraDora
13-07-2016, 11:28 PM
Sorry to hear things are not going well for you at the moment.

Whenever I get myself into a negative spiral I try to find the positives. You say you know you are a good childminder- have you had parent feedback to tell you this or an ofsted report.....read them again and again and remind yourself what it is about your practise that makes you good. Deal with the negative, then concentrate on building up your self esteem by reminding yourself about your good points.
This may also help when you are talking to prospective parents, sell yourself to them with the same positive points.
Locally to me there always seems to be children in need of places under the 2 year old funding - parents are sign posted to the LEA family information service -perhaps look at your profile on there and offer a bespoke service for this age? The families looking for care know you have been graded at least a good childminder or you wouldn't be able to access the funding so may not be looking for fault.

Hopefully things will pick up soon.

k1rstie
14-07-2016, 05:37 AM
Do you have some holiday coming up? I've had a very mentally tiring year, what with one thing and another. I've got the whole of the summer holidays off and I'm away in France for all of it. I'm using it as a opportunity to recharge my batteries, spend time with my family, spent time with my french friends, and not think about paperwork or anything much childminding related.

If you are working throughout the holidays maybe you could be able to still book a few days off to have a rest mentally and physically.

lovechildcare1
22-07-2016, 09:32 PM
Thanks all :) I wish i haven't got any money coming in so can't even afford a holiday:(

hectors house
26-07-2016, 09:55 PM
Thanks all :) I wish i haven't got any money coming in so can't even afford a holiday:(

If you advertise on childcare.co.uk website could you ask current or past parents who have been delighted with your childminding service to write you a review, when I feel down I read some of the lovely reviews and I start having faith in myself again.

Do you know any beauty therapists who would give you a treat like a relaxing massage or doing your nails in exchange for some daytime childcare (or you have any spaces) or some evening babysitting?

Hope you feel more positive soon :thumbsup:

Kiddleywinks
27-07-2016, 05:59 AM
Update your details with the families information service and childcare.co.uk so you're ready for September enquiries

Whilst no one likes hearing negative stuff about themselves have you sat down and looked at what could have triggered it?
If it's something you can change, whilst you're not working, take the time to improve what you're offering.
Do your policies need to be clearer? Are your resources easily reachable? Cast a critical eye over your setting, or get a friend to, and then update your SEF with any changes you make - ofsted love seeing that lol

If it's just parents being ott, then obviously not much you can do about them other than be firm about what you are prepared to offer