PDA

View Full Version : High chair straps

mumofone
11-07-2016, 05:10 AM
The fabric straps on my traditional run of the mill type high chairs are starting to get grubby, funnily enough more with paint than food but what dyou all do when this happens? Is there any way of cleaning the straps? Or do you just regularly replace the likes of a £30 High chair?

snortlet
11-07-2016, 06:35 AM
The fabric straps on my traditional run of the mill type high chairs are starting to get grubby, funnily enough more with paint than food but what dyou all do when this happens? Is there any way of cleaning the straps? Or do you just regularly replace the likes of a £30 High chair?

They usually scrub up well with a nail brush and washing up liquid or carpet shampoo. I sometimes put an apron on little ones on top of the straps to keep them cleaner a bit longer!

mumofone
11-07-2016, 06:37 AM
They usually scrub up well with a nail brush and washing up liquid or carpet shampoo. I sometimes put an apron on little ones on top of the straps to keep them cleaner a bit longer!

Thanks snortlet, it seems such a rubbish design that they are not wipe clean, what are they thinking where kids are involved?!

Mouse
11-07-2016, 07:14 AM
Is there anyway of getting the straps off? Mine slide out, so can go in the machine, but with previous highchairs I have been able to unscrew them and put them through a hot wash.

Like you, my straps are more paint marked than food marked, but I do find putting the painting pinny on after you've strapped the child in does help.

BallyH
11-07-2016, 08:33 AM
I normally take my highchair into the garden, on a hot sunny day, and scrub hard with a nail brush and washing up liquid plus a toothbrush all over the seat and in the nooks and cranies and then a big rinse and let it dry in the sun.