PDA

View Full Version : Finished my degree!

samb
10-07-2016, 11:12 PM
Just wanted to share... I submitted my dissertation today which was the final thing to go in for my ba (hons) early childhood studies. :-)

sarah707
11-07-2016, 06:53 AM
Congratulations!! :clapping::clapping: What next? :D

mumofone
11-07-2016, 09:28 AM
Just wanted to share... I submitted my dissertation today which was the final thing to go in for my ba (hons) early childhood studies. :-)

Congratulations! :-) x

loocyloo
11-07-2016, 11:49 AM
woo hoo:clapping::clapping::clapping:

well done you xxx

samb
11-07-2016, 12:33 PM
Next.... Sleep! Lol!

In all honesty... It's a bit of an anti climax! Before I started I was considering the early years teacher training - but the more I look in to it the more I am thinking it isn't worth it- people are saying might as well do pgce but time wise I don't think I can manage plus I don't see myself teaching- I would prefer to support Sen or quite interested in something like nvq assessing...? I'm particularly interested in autism so I may look at going down that route but for now ... I love childminding and it's most convenient for my own family :-)

Smiley
11-07-2016, 04:37 PM
Well done, you will be relieved to have finished, I know what you mean about an anti climax. You'll feel differently when you've switched off a bit. Hope you found the distance learning element worked out, I remember suggesting where you could do it. I'd be surprised if your tutor didn't mention MA! Lol :laughing:

samb
11-07-2016, 06:55 PM
Yep already have! They sent an email with the link to the masters couple of weeks ago! Doncaster do early childhood studies masters by distance learning too. I definitely wouldn't want to do it this year - that I know for sure!

samb
11-07-2016, 06:59 PM
Oh and yes distance learning worked for me - I was pretty good at disciplining myself to knuckle down most of the time. I did find it quite hard not to be able to show a person sitting with me my work and discuss it but then I have been out of education for 12 years prior to this course starting so to be honest I probably would have found it hard anyway. The whole course was good although have to say I really didn't get my head around dissertations until the end. The last 6 weeks or so have been incredibly difficult just cos it took me a long time to understand each section- lots and lots of versions saved in my computer. But I got there eventually

Smiley
12-07-2016, 05:46 PM
As you probably know I co pelted my MA at Doncaster last year, not as bad as it first seemed and works well doing it distance learning. After you've had a rest, I may need to starting encouraging you! Lol not long until September but I seem to remember it was October before we started :laughing:

Smiley
12-07-2016, 05:47 PM
Oops missed the 'm' from completed!

samb
12-07-2016, 11:10 PM
Oh yes that's right! Haha thanks smiley- nothing wrong with a push every now and again. Is the MA much harder? I found the level quite ok for BA apart from dissertation - I just really struggled with that. Plus I did the BA part time- not sure if you can do MA part time?

Smiley
13-07-2016, 07:43 AM
Surprisingly the MA wasn't as hard as I thought, some of the first year modules, I'd already got quite a bit of knowledge from previous studies. The final dissertation took time but there were weeks when I didn't do anything!
Yes, it's part time and we had about 4 study weekends which meant attending for classroom based learning. However, as it's all distance learning now that may not be necessary.