PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news!! New Head of Ofsted rejected by MPs

rickysmiths
07-07-2016, 03:27 PM
Well MPs have rejected Nicky Morgan's recommendation for the post.

Ofsted's next head, Amanda Spielman, rejected by MPs - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-36723828)

Oral evidence - Appointment of HM Chief Inspector, Ofsted - 29 Jun 2016 (http://data.parliament.uk/writtenevidence/committeeevidence.svc/evidencedocument/education-committee/appointment-of-hm-chief-inspector-ofsted/oral/34680.html)

mumofone
07-07-2016, 03:41 PM
Well MPs have rejected Nicky Morgan's recommendation for the post. Ofsted's next head, Amanda Spielman, rejected by MPs - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-36723828) Oral evidence - Appointment of HM Chief Inspector, Ofsted - 29 Jun 2016 (http://data.parliament.uk/writtenevidence/committeeevidence.svc/evidencedocument/education-committee/appointment-of-hm-chief-inspector-ofsted/oral/34680.html)

Yeh I've been following this....interesting

loocyloo
07-07-2016, 05:06 PM
I can't access these on my phone ...Why have they rejected her?

Lack of knowledge or does she actually have experience in the field? !

moggy
07-07-2016, 05:17 PM
I don't think it means she won't get the job though, just that they don't agree

FloraDora
07-07-2016, 06:04 PM
But Nicky Morgan thinks she is perfect!!
:(:(:(

mumofone
07-07-2016, 06:21 PM
Nicky Morgan is apparently ignoring all the MPs and going ahead with giving her the post!

FloraDora
07-07-2016, 06:24 PM
Nicky Morgan is apparently ignoring all the MPs and going ahead with giving her the post!

We all breathed a sigh of relief when Michael Gove left and she came on board....but she is from the same mould.
A very silly lady....in my opinion!

loocyloo
07-07-2016, 06:28 PM
oh JOY :(

at least Gove isn't going to be Prime Minister!

FloraDora
07-07-2016, 06:59 PM
I won't get political...but ...my worst nightmare was that Gove would be in the running. He made 'my other life' very difficult and I find just looking at his face / hearing his name brings back very angry emotions....I am an avid radio 4 listener but 'he who should not be named ' has been named ...lots of times... At least in HP 'Voldemort' or ' Tom Riddle' was never mentioned in social circles! Gove who I think is my real life Voldemort keeps popping up on the airways... I haven't slept properly for over a week!
So...his face on the BBC website today with the good news has acted like a relaxing massage. I just cross my fingers that they all think he is a backstabber and he doesn't get a place on the next cabinet.

But he will remembered for strategically blocking Boris...and I reluctantly ...will give him that one!

And for successfully achieving his life long ambition of ' not being a prime minister' . .....but it was touch and go for a moment!!!

SYLVIA
07-07-2016, 09:02 PM
I think his underhand tactics had shown him for the snidey little man he really is. I dreaded him being prime minister. What trust could a nation put in a man who behaves the way he has. As PM he would probably have put truss as chancellor !!!!

hectors house
08-07-2016, 08:43 AM
Can we all vote for Sarah Neville to be the new head of Ofsted? - then we would welcome our inspections instead of turning grey overnight after having "the call". I'm sure she could fit it in on top of being an Outstanding childminder, admin of childminding forums and facebook pages, writer of e-books, mother, new wife etc etc etc :D

sarah707
08-07-2016, 05:58 PM
Can we all vote for Sarah Neville to be the new head of Ofsted? - then we would welcome our inspections instead of turning grey overnight after having "the call". I'm sure she could fit it in on top of being an Outstanding childminder, admin of childminding forums and facebook pages, writer of e-books, mother, new wife etc etc etc :D

If you want something doing ask a busy person eh!?! :laughing:

Kiddleywinks
10-07-2016, 06:07 AM
If you want something doing ask a busy person eh!?! :laughing:

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking you'd manage to fit it in using your super powers that have us lesser mortals feeling woefully inadequate :blush::laughing::laughing: