PDA

View Full Version : Successful meal idea!

alex__17
04-07-2016, 09:02 PM
Often see posts asking for meal ideas, but I made something new today and it was so successful despite my own 4 year old turning his nose up at it when I suggested it at the weekend!

It was 3 chicken thighs that I cut into bite sized pieces and browned in a pan, added a tin of Campbell's chicken condensed soup, refilled tin with water and added, then chopped up half a butternut squash fairly small bits (my son has tried this and spat it out several times) - simmered it for at least 30 min, probably nearer 45 adding water if needed.

Put in a big lasagne dish, topped with creamy mash and grated cheese and browned cheese in oven.

They LOVED it, they all seemed shocked it was so nice, as did my husband when he got home and tried it.

Worth a try for any that enjoy faves like fish pie and shepherds pie :-)

loocyloo
04-07-2016, 09:31 PM
:-) sounds yummy. Thank you xx

hectors house
12-07-2016, 11:19 AM
Often see posts asking for meal ideas, but I made something new today and it was so successful despite my own 4 year old turning his nose up at it when I suggested it at the weekend!

It was 3 chicken thighs that I cut into bite sized pieces and browned in a pan, added a tin of Campbell's chicken condensed soup, refilled tin with water and added, then chopped up half a butternut squash fairly small bits (my son has tried this and spat it out several times) - simmered it for at least 30 min, probably nearer 45 adding water if needed.

Put in a big lasagne dish, topped with creamy mash and grated cheese and browned cheese in oven.

They LOVED it, they all seemed shocked it was so nice, as did my husband when he got home and tried it.

Worth a try for any that enjoy faves like fish pie and shepherds pie :-)

Thanks for the tip - I used to use campells soup recipes all the time when my children were younger - was this a recipe on the tin or one you invented? Sounds delicious and I do currently have a butternut squash. :thumbsup:

alex__17
12-07-2016, 01:02 PM
One I invented by stealing the idea from a toddler ready meal I picked up in an emergency for my son and thought it looked nice!

It's his new favourite dinner apparently, didn't think anything would match his love of fish pie...!

And I froze the rest in portions and it's reheated really well so is a good one to cook in large amounts and have as freezer stock :-)