PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for childminding from rented property

Seda
04-07-2016, 12:01 PM
Hi,
Im on the process of renting a house and my landlord is very potive to give me permission to do childminding. However. He has got some concerns if childminding is legal in his house???

My questions are:
*What documents i need to get from lanlord to register as a childminder??
*Only written confirmation from landlord is enough or need to get confirmation from lanlord's mortgate company or insurance company to let my business??

Im aware that i need liability insurance and willing to pay extra for the insurance of my landlord if it doesnt cover childminding but not sure if i might get any problem with the lender/ mortgate company??

Thanks,

Seda

sarah707
04-07-2016, 06:29 PM
you need permission from your landlord in writing for Ofsted...

Your landlord might need to inform his insurance and mortgage company :D

Seda
04-07-2016, 08:06 PM
you need permission from your landlord in writing for Ofsted...

Your landlord might need to inform his insurance and mortgage company :D

Thanks for your response sarah.

I understand that landlord might need to inform insurance and mortgage company but what about me?? do i need these companies' permission for registration process for ofsted??? Does osfted need to see the permission letter from mortgage and insurance company as well as landlord written permission??

Do you have any idea bout that?

Thanks again

Kiddleywinks
06-07-2016, 06:19 AM
I have written permission from my landlord, ofsted never asked to see it if that helps

JoRo163
06-07-2016, 09:09 AM
Ofsted just asked if I had permission from my landlord. Didn't even ask to see proof!

Seda
06-07-2016, 09:33 AM
Thanks a lot for your answers, i was searching for a while and everybody was saying very complicated answers about landlord's mortgage company even mortgage type, planning permission, landlord's insurance in case it doesnt cover if i do childminding, my liability insurance, landlord permission etc....

My landlord said ok but i want to see all possibilities before i rent the property and let him know. Honesty is very important for me and also it is better if i see the future problem from an early stage.

Im much more clear now.

Thanks a lot again

Kiddleywinks
08-07-2016, 07:11 AM
We're classed as 'working from home' if that helps.
It's also worth pointing out that due to being regulated we have to take care of the home probably more so than normal, risk assess, be child safe etc.
Landlords insurer may ask for a premium, you could offer to pay the extra so he's not out of pocket - you can claim it back through your expenses

Seda
08-07-2016, 07:58 AM
We're classed as 'working from home' if that helps.
It's also worth pointing out that due to being regulated we have to take care of the home probably more so than normal, risk assess, be child safe etc.
Landlords insurer may ask for a premium, you could offer to pay the extra so he's not out of pocket - you can claim it back through your expenses

It is very helpfull, thanks a lot. It is good to know that i can offer my landlord that i can pay his premium and claim it back . Thanks again

lovechildcare1
13-07-2016, 10:06 PM
Hi there I had this problem. I just wrote a letter to my landlord explaining that I wanted to childmind from the property (most tenancy agreements forbid running businesses from rented property) and he came out to see me and have a look around (strangely he had never viewed the property-its managed by agents) anyways he agreed to let me childmind from the property. Your landlord will have to speak to his insurer and mortgage company but most of these companies/banks don't mind. They might increase his premiums and then he might try and pass it ion to you. What I did was offer to pay more rent but luckily my lanlords insurer was very understanding.

My advice to you is to speak to your landlord and explain that you want to become a childminder and answer any questions he may have. Reassure him that as a minder you will look after the property and risk assess and be a long term tenant etc.