PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please

windles
01-07-2016, 10:11 AM
Good Morning.

We have parents that are contracted to bring their child 2 days a week 8am until 5pm. They are never here for 8 last Friday they dropped him at 11.30am Wednesday he came at 10.15am and this morning so far hes still not here I have text mum and no reply.
How would you all handle this situation.

Susie

xx

BallyH
01-07-2016, 10:23 AM
Good Morning.

We have parents that are contracted to bring their child 2 days a week 8am until 5pm. They are never here for 8 last Friday they dropped him at 11.30am Wednesday he came at 10.15am and this morning so far hes still not here I have text mum and no reply.
How would you all handle this situation.

Susie

xx

When they arrive are they all apologetic? Have they ever questioned payment from 8am - even thought that is their contracted hours? Then I wouldn't be very bothered as long as it didn't impact on my day. Are you 'hanging around' wondering when they will arrive? Start telling them on collection that the following contracted day you are planning to go 'out'. Tell them the time you will be leaving the house, name the place, the park, woods etc and suggest if they are running late that can they please meet you there. Hopefully they will get the idea and arrive on time or before the time you have suggested you will be leaving the house. Some parents do not have a structure to their day and as they have no deadlines to meet think others don't either. Maybe a few times standing on your doorstep knocking the door of an empty house will shake them to communicate more.

Maza
01-07-2016, 12:33 PM
The lack of communication would drive me insane. It looks like it will have to be you who initiates the communication.

It's probably just that the parent doesn't realise how it can impact your day, but you do need to know when to expect them. I'm a worrier and if my parents haven't arrived by the time I am expecting them I do start to worry that they may have had an accident on the way to mine!

You need to have a friendly chat with them next time you see them, just so that they are aware that you will worry, and that you might have plans to go to a group or the park before it starts to rain etc.

Also, as BallyH pointed out, they need to know that they have to pay from 8am. Better to nip this one in the bud!

hectors house
01-07-2016, 12:40 PM
I agree with the others, even though the parent possibly chose you because you take the children out and about, they also think that like a Nursery you are always there waiting for them to arrive. They just need telling as others have said "I am going out at 9.30 tomorrow, if you arrive after that time you will have to text to find out exactly where I am"