PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth Truss: Just seen her pic on the news tonight?

catswhiskers
29-06-2016, 09:53 PM
This woman is now something else to do with government.

Didn't she get it wrong with childminders a few years ago or something like that?

loocyloo
30-06-2016, 06:11 AM
I know, dh said "Oh look, it's your 'friend' " I looked up and there she was!

Childminder agencies were her idea and then she moved to messing up the environment. I didn't hear what she was saying last night.

Mouse
30-06-2016, 06:20 AM
It looks like she's backing Boris Johnson to be the next PM.

With her and Gove both backing him I can't help but feel he's the wrong candidate for the job. They didn't ever get anything right when they were in education together, so I'd have no confidence at all in anyone they were backing :panic:

loocyloo
30-06-2016, 06:32 AM

With her and Gove both backing him I can't help but feel he's the wrong candidate for the job. They didn't ever get anything right when they were in education together, so I'd have no confidence at all in anyone they were backing :panic:

Panic! Noooooooo! I like Boris, but don't think he is PM material and with those 2 supporting him .... panic!

Mouse
30-06-2016, 08:43 AM
Nooooo.....now Gove is standing against Johnson!!

Do you ever feel like life's a joke, but not a very funny one? Just as we think we've got rid of Truss and Gove they reappear in a far more terrifying way :panic::panic:

Kiddleywinks
30-06-2016, 08:57 AM
That woman is a serious danger to my health and well being :angry:

FussyElmo
30-06-2016, 09:49 AM

Do you ever feel like life's a joke, but not a very funny one? Just as we think we've got rid of Truss and Gove they reappear in a far more terrifying way :panic::panic:

The thought of any of them becoming pm is frightening

Maza
30-06-2016, 10:11 AM
Oh this thread is making me laugh! There hasn't been a lot to laugh about lately. MG has at least come to the conclusion that Boris isn't pm material.

I was very impressed with Teresa May's speech this morning though. Did anyone else see it?

FussyElmo
30-06-2016, 11:10 AM
Oh this thread is making me laugh! There hasn't been a lot to laugh about lately. MG has at least come to the conclusion that Boris isn't pm material.

I was very impressed with Teresa May's speech this morning though. Did anyone else see it?

Boris Johnson isn't standing then. Too many promises made and the fact they couldn't be kept methinks

Mouse
30-06-2016, 11:25 AM
They're worse than a bunch of argumentative kids!

Now Boris has gone off in a sulk because he knows he's not going to win the game. Petulant child!

It's a worry who we're going to have next. Out of Gove and May I'd have to go for May. At least she's got some balls.

FussyElmo
30-06-2016, 11:33 AM
They're worse than a bunch of argumentative kids!

Now Boris has gone off in a sulk because he knows he's not going to win the game. Petulant child!

It's a worry who we're going to have next. Out of Gove and May I'd have to go for May. At least she's got some balls.

Could anyone has worked or had children in the education system vote for him. Other than the fact I find the man repellent obviously that's my personal view lol

mama2three
30-06-2016, 11:34 AM
I thought for an awful minute you were gong to say truss was standing. :panic::panic:

FussyElmo
30-06-2016, 11:39 AM
I thought for an awful minute you were gong to say truss was standing. :panic::panic:

I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't highly support Gove to try and get a high ranking post

Mouse
30-06-2016, 11:50 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't highly support Gove to try and get a high ranking post

That's what I think will happen. We thought it was bad when we had them both in education, but to think they could be running the country between them...

:crying::ohdear:

rickysmiths
30-06-2016, 12:01 PM

Well that was another epic fail for her then!! There was no way Boris J was going to stand. Cameron made sure of that when he announced he was going. Boris would never have wanted to be responsible for pulling the plug on Europe.

FussyElmo
30-06-2016, 12:08 PM
That's what I think will happen. We thought it was bad when we had them both in education, but to think they could be running the country between them...

:crying::ohdear:

Australia or Canada look beautiful countries

bunyip
30-06-2016, 05:33 PM

So Boris gets stabbed in the back by Gove and we all get @@@@@ed over after a string of lies and false promises. At least Boris now has a tiny insight as to what it's like to be a CM.

I just want someone like Paxman to ask these crooks, now they've won, are they going to spend that supposed £350million a week on public services, like they implied?

Strangely enough, I find myself agreeing with an old Tory, Michael Heseltine. To paraphrase, he said the odious Boris-Gove-Farage triumvirate should never be allowed to become PM, but they absolutely must be appointed to negotiate Brexit with the EU, so they have nowhere to hide when it comes to sorting out the practical mess they've created by a load of so-called patriotic guff and playing on anti-Johnny-Foreigner bigotry. :(

catswhiskers
04-07-2016, 09:23 PM
According to the Sun, Liz Truss is one of the 15 most out of touch Tory MPs after two thirds of their local voters backed Brexit. She's now the MP for South West, Norfolk where the Leave vote was 68%.

Kiddleywinks
05-07-2016, 07:13 AM
According to the Sun, Liz Truss is one of the 15 most out of touch Tory MPs after two thirds of their local voters backed Brexit. She's now the MP for South West, Norfolk where the Leave vote was 68%.

Are you sure she didn't make the number 1 spot?!
Seriously she doesn't live in the same world everyone else does

bunyip
06-07-2016, 07:37 PM

This is what's known as a moral dilemma. When the Sun criticises Truss and you don't trust either the Sun or Truss. :p