PDA

View Full Version : Advertisement

megg21
28-06-2016, 03:15 PM
Hi all
Was just wondering how you started off advertising yourself.
I've been Ofsted registered since last December but when i found out i was pregnant families just didn't want to know which i can understand .

My question is once i've had my baby i'm hoping to start the business rolling by November and i was wondering how you have advertised . I have business cards and i have a Facebook page as well as being on childcare.co.uk and ********* . just wondering what others have done to help .

I'm undecided whether to do flyers or not .

Thank You
Any advice would be great thank you

Ellisha
28-06-2016, 03:43 PM
Hi all
Was just wondering how you started off advertising yourself.
I've been Ofsted registered since last December but when i found out i was pregnant families just didn't want to know which i can understand .

My question is once i've had my baby i'm hoping to start the business rolling by November and i was wondering how you have advertised . I have business cards and i have a Facebook page as well as being on childcare.co.uk and ********* . just wondering what others have done to help .

I'm undecided whether to do flyers or not .

Thank You
Any advice would be great thank you

As well as the things you've mentioned, I got myself out to toddler groups with my kids and mentioned it to people I talked to. I got a couple of enquiries that way. Also I advertised on my local authority childcare finder website.

Good luck!

moggy
28-06-2016, 03:52 PM
Local parenting facebook pages, local childcare facebook pages. Childcare.co.uk is really all I have every needed.

halor
28-06-2016, 09:30 PM
Make sure to introduce yourself to other childminders in the area and get to know them a little. If I'm full I pass other minders details onto parents who are enquiring x

k1rstie
29-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Flyers could be very expensive, plus I always put all flyers straight in the recycling without looking at them. How many pizza delivery leaflets does one household need?

Often getting your first child is difficult as you are a 'new childminder', but once you have one, you are no longer this but 'a childminder'

megg21
29-06-2016, 03:09 PM
Thank ou for your suggestions i will take them all on board . The advice has really helped .