PDA

View Full Version : Owed money what to do

Angie81
22-06-2016, 09:21 AM
Hello, I would like some advice please!! My daughter had chicken pox last week and two days into this week, so was off school. Therefore I could not look after any other children. One of the parents sent me a message yesterday, saying I am no longer needed immediately from yesterday. Okay that is fair enough, as the children's parents work. What I am annoyed about is that I am owed some money for two weeks, plus the 4 weeks notice that she hasn't given me, she signed a contract saying she would give me 4 weeks notice to terminate. I have sent her an email with the outstanding invoices, but how long do I either resend them or post them to her. Do I leave it a couple of days or 1 week? What would you do? Thank you

emmas
22-06-2016, 11:47 AM
Hi,

well first of all do you have a late payment policy?

I would be taking the invoice to the house myself today, stating the two weeks owed, plus the late payment fee for those invoices, and also giving them a copy of the signed contract stating the 4 weeks notice, along with an invoice for it. if you wanted to be nice (I wouldn't!) you could negotiate a payment of the 2 week owed, and come to an arrangement between you of how to settle the rest. Do you have pacey insurance, they will offer legal advice?

Have they done this just because you closed due to your own child having chicken pox? wow some people have zero respect for childminders what they do and their family's.

Emma

hectors house
22-06-2016, 11:52 AM
Where money is concerned it is considered best practice to put in everything in a letter and send it recorded delivery rather than texts or e-mails.

Quote the section from your contract where it mentions notice periods have to be given whether they want to send child or not - when I had something similar happen, Pacey (then NCMA) were quote helpful in helping me with wording for the letter - although I really just wish I had cut my losses as parents chose to send child for the 4 weeks notice period and it was a very painful, stressful 4 weeks - but I didn't want them thinking that my contract wasn't legally binding as they did tend to treat me as a 2nd class citizen.

Angie81
22-06-2016, 12:09 PM
Thank you for the replies. I will be sending the invoices to her tomorrow recorded delivery, along with a copy of the contract she signed. Can you think of anything else? I did inform the parent as soon as my daughter came out in the first blister, saying I would not be able to look after any children. All she put back was mine have already had it.

FloraDora
22-06-2016, 01:35 PM
It might be worth also including a copy of your medical policy, if you have one, where it outlines what happens when the minded or childminders children are ill?

hectors house
24-06-2016, 09:55 AM
Thank you for the replies. I will be sending the invoices to her tomorrow recorded delivery, along with a copy of the contract she signed. Can you think of anything else? I did inform the parent as soon as my daughter came out in the first blister, saying I would not be able to look after any children. All she put back was mine have already had it.

Point out to her NHS guidelines and that it is possible to get them more than once and that you would be in breach of your insurance cover if you don't follow medical advice.