PDA

View Full Version : Edible home made paint

mumofone
15-06-2016, 10:54 AM
I've just tried a recipe for edible finger paint from
The imagination tree which unfortunately didn't work, the quantities seem all wrong. Does anyone have one they recommend? This one was using cornflour...

FloraDora
15-06-2016, 05:26 PM
I realise people create these things for safety, but I always encourage not putting paint in their mouth...otherwise it gets confusing later...first they can eat it...then they can't??

moggy
15-06-2016, 05:33 PM
I realise people create these things for safety, but I always encourage not putting paint in their mouth...otherwise it gets confusing later...first they can eat it...then the can't??

I agree- non-toxic kids paint, close monitoring and continuous reminders not to put in the mouth. Or just let them create with yogurt, ketchup or whatever on the highchair tray.

loocyloo
15-06-2016, 06:48 PM
I realise people create these things for safety, but I always encourage not putting paint in their mouth...otherwise it gets confusing later...first they can eat it...then they can't??

Exactly!
My 17 month old mindee tasted (non toxic) paint yesterday ... and didn't like taste ... didn't do it again!
Solved!

mumofone
15-06-2016, 08:29 PM
I totally get where you're coming from, I wasn't intending to make it with the intention that they would eat it if you see what I mean more for another type of paint to play with...