PDA

View Full Version : Not interested

hulahoops
11-06-2016, 01:13 AM
I have a little girl just started with me. She's 13m. All she wants to do is walk around. That's all she does. Not interested in toys, books, treasure basket, water play, nothing.
I've not had one like this before. I'm sure it'll come but just wondered if anyone else has had this.

loocyloo
11-06-2016, 07:19 AM
How long as she been with you?

it could be that she is still just absorbing everything you have and taking it all in and watching, and one day will start to play. How long has she been walking? I have a LO who, when she started walking, that was all she wanted to do, and even now, 3 months on, her main focus/function is to be on her feet walking ( and running and climbing! )

I would carry on playing with the water, exploring treasure baskets, zooming cars myself, and with the other children, sometimes calling her attention to what I am doing and she will join in eventually, even if only for a second.

Is she interested in things when you go for a walk? either with her walking or in the pushchair. My LO loves being outside and watching what goes on. Have you asked the parents what she likes to do at home?

xxx

Mouse
11-06-2016, 10:35 AM
Is she happy walking round or does she do it in a distressed way?

If she's happy I would just let her carry on. Perhaps walking is her favourite activity at the moment. Like Loocyloo says, she could be sussing out her new surroundings and figuring out where everything is. I would keep playing and showing her what you're doing in the hope that she'll eventually join in.

If you want to extend her walking, what about giving her a dolly pushchair to push along? Or would she chase after a ball if you rolled it in front of her? Can you give her something to hold while she's walking - a little bag with some toys in, a jingly musical instrument?