View Full Version : offering food

10-06-2016, 08:41 PM
Hi just wondering if you offer food do you have to register with a food agency?
As just going through the registration process

11-06-2016, 05:01 PM

Yes all childminders need to be registered with their local environmental health departments.

Ofsted will inform EHO that you have registered - you might get a visit depending on what your local office (some do and some don't)...

I hope that helps :D

11-06-2016, 05:34 PM
The inspection isn't daunting- information here:


Download the specific childminders booklet and do everything they suggest, my inspector talked me through this and inspected the premises, looked at how the children wash their hands and asked if I had any food hygiene training certificates.
Whilst not compulsory it is a good idea to do a food hygiene online training - there are lots around that are not expensive - childcare.co.uk offers their members one for free - but you have to pay to be a member.