PDA

View Full Version : Clingy 9 month old, mindee cries at the sight of my hubby

Madeleyminds
10-06-2016, 06:39 PM
Hi there, I currently mind a 9 month old, she comes in fine puts her arms out to me, she doesn't like me to leave the room and not keen on new faces, used to be fine with my hubby as he occasionally works from home he is my registered assistant, so he watches the smaller children when I do the school run. She started off being fussy about him feeding her now it's progressed to a full melt down if he even walks in the room, and only calms if I then go to pick her up, I can't hug him when holding her. I don't want to keep going to her as soon as she cries about seeing him as I don't want her to think that she can cry and he will go away, as I do really rely on my husbands help, but she just won't calm down even if he leaves the room.
All my other mindee,s love him to pieces as he is so good with them all. It's so hard as he can't move freely around his own home, so I desperately need to know the right tactics to use to rebuild their relationship.

( she also clings to me and cries on days when I have to hand her over to her nan, and won't let anyone else hold her)

chris goodyear
14-06-2016, 04:14 PM
I suppose that age is the worse age for clingy kids! I don't like taking on children of that age for that reason (although I do) and it's a case of just getting on with it. She will have to learn to go to other people and it will be hard (for you and her) but you just have to be a bit hard to encourage her not to be too reliant on you all the time. Your poor hubby must feel bad and it's his house! I had a 3 year old girl years ago who was frightened of my grown up sons and my husband and used to hide behind me but she got better. Good luck.

JCrakers
15-06-2016, 11:29 AM
It's usually just a phase they go through at that age. I've have 3-4 babies over the years around 8-12m who have cried at DH when he comes down for a cuppa. He soon disappears back upstairs.....:laughing:

I would just stick with the comforting and it will soon pass :D

sarah707
15-06-2016, 08:24 PM
Give her time ... we tend to find they go through phrases like this xx