PDA

View Full Version : Fee's

Amanda Gilbert
08-06-2016, 04:57 PM
Hi all I was after some advice please. I have a parent who has given me notice ( mine is 4weeks paid). But they are refusing to pay! What do I do? And where do I stand? Please help

sarah707
08-06-2016, 05:17 PM
A lot of parents think they can get away without paying - some threaten to make malicious complaints as well :/

you need to speak to your insurance company - ask for some support - see what they advise.

next time take a deposit so you have money in advance x

tess1981
09-06-2016, 07:20 AM
Hi all I was after some advice please. I have a parent who has given me notice ( mine is 4weeks paid). But they are refusing to pay! What do I do? And where do I stand? Please help

When I worked with my sister one parent would not pay. I paid a visit to her home with a letter after she ignored calls and text. The letter stated as per contract you owe 4 weeks fees etc and explained I have contacted my insurance company who will start legal proceedings within a few weeks if bill not settled. That was all it took.
Talk to insurance company first. Document their response and send her a letter stating what is owed, remind them of contract and say x amount to pay bill or legal proceedings start

bunyip
09-06-2016, 05:35 PM
Good replies there already. Certainly you need to call your insurer/legal team urgently.

Has the client given immediate notice and left, or is the child still attending?

Are you able to fill the vacancy quickly?

Do you have a waiting list?

What steps have you taken to fill the vacancy?

There are some circumstances in which a client can wriggle out of a paid notice clause, though few people are sufficiently knowledgeable/canny or employ a smart solicitor to work it out for them. As mentioned, most parents will probably stop the fight once they realise they will have a fight on their hands, at no further cost to the CM, and that a CCJ ruling against them can bu88er up their credit rating for some years.

rickysmiths
11-06-2016, 08:41 PM
When I worked with my sister one parent would not pay. I paid a visit to her home with a letter after she ignored calls and text. The letter stated as per contract you owe 4 weeks fees etc and explained I have contacted my insurance company who will start legal proceedings within a few weeks if bill not settled. That was all it took.
Talk to insurance company first. Document their response and send her a letter stating what is owed, remind them of contract and say x amount to pay bill or legal proceedings start

Good except I would never mention Insurance Company because so people will think you will get it back. I just say it will be put in the hands of my Solicitor.