PDA

View Full Version : Asked to childmind at a wedding.

tiredandemotional
02-06-2016, 07:17 PM
Hi everyone

I have had an email pop into my inbox today asking for several childminders to attend, and provide childcare, at a wedding. This is not something that really appeals, not least because it is a weekend, which I don't work. However, I'm curious, and it would help construct my answer, is if this is something we are allowed to do? I'd assume not as I would think our PLI wouldn't cover us caring for children at another premise. Also there is the question of paperwork etc-these would be children we would never have met before. I am considering giving her the details of a local childcare agency. Has anyone ever doen soemthing like this before?

Many thanks

xxx

Bluebell
02-06-2016, 07:23 PM
I know people that do this as an extra - more of a babysitting / nanny service rather than childminding. If you get a decent wedding there will also be an entertainer / magician laid on - the care of the children is more the supervision and care (toilet / food / crowd control lol!) than actual entertaining. I know the money can be good and I suppose if you do it with friends it might be fun but I have to say supervising a load of hyper / over-excited children I don't know does not appeal to me at all.
I have no idea about insurance - that is something you would want to check with your insurance provider. :)

sarah707
03-06-2016, 07:42 PM
We had 3 nannies entertaining the children at our wedding and they earned every penny! They supervised meals, coped with a fire alarm, changed nappies, played lots and lots of games and generally got stuck in!

The children had a wonderful time and parents were delighted... it was hard work for the nannies though! :D

FloraDora
03-06-2016, 08:15 PM
I posted about this recently - if you want to earn a little extra then it seems an ideal, happy way to do it. But Like Sarah says she had more than one at her wedding....I would get a friend if more than 6 ! Just for practicalities of one person changing nappies.
The person who approached me was offering lucrative money!
It really depends on if you want that extra income I think.