PDA

View Full Version : pre reg visit and garden like a building site

oxfordshirecm
01-06-2016, 06:48 PM
Hi, I am going through the process of being re-reg'd and have ofsted coming around on Monday to interview me. However, my garden is currently being dug up as we are having an extension done. If I risk assessed and said that the garden will be out of bounds till its done do you think ofsted will be ok with this? I am not planning on actually taking on any children until its complete but want to get registered now so I am all set when its done?

sarah707
01-06-2016, 07:06 PM
The new pre-reg visits are about checking you are 'ready to go' because they don't come back for a long time (as long as there aren't any red flags).

Yes, explain what you are doing and why - give a timeframe and they will probably want you to let them know when the garden is finished.

Hope it goes well :D

oxfordshirecm
01-06-2016, 07:10 PM
The new pre-reg visits are about checking you are 'ready to go' because they don't come back for a long time (as long as there aren't any red flags).

Yes, explain what you are doing and why - give a timeframe and they will probably want you to let them know when the garden is finished.

Hope it goes well :D

Hi Sarah

thank you for the reply - do you think I would be better of putting the visit off then until the work is completed?

also as we now have to be "ready to go" does that mean we have to have all of the toys and equipment out ready for her to see them as if I was set up to start my childminding day?

halor
01-06-2016, 08:58 PM
I had my first inspection recently and at that time my garden was out of bounds die to fence damage and other repairs that needed to take place. It's out of bounds during the winter anyway as the decking is too slippery. Ofsted just asked me what other ways I get the kids out and about. Some childminders don't have gardens so as long as you can explain what you will do if the garden cannot be used they should be fine with that.