PDA

View Full Version : Baby monitor

mumofone
26-05-2016, 08:26 PM
I have a video baby/cot monitor but am looking for a portable baby monitor and am after recommendations as not really sure where to start as there are so many available. Just want something simple to use that's portable and that I can take outside etc. If anyone has any recommendations for me that would be great! :-) Thank you x

loocyloo
26-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Sorry can't help you as I don't use one. X

moggy
27-05-2016, 06:55 AM
I have had various ones, mostly second hand. I don't find there is much difference between them- just go for what fits your budget, Tomy, BT have been fine. Some have unnecessary features like lights and lullabies- I just have the basic ones.

mumofone
23-06-2016, 12:13 PM
Thanks guys, I just wondered if anyone had experience of one with a good outside range, looking for something simple to use but that i can take out in the garden that i can reliably hear a baby on Hmmm!

moggy
23-06-2016, 12:44 PM
Thanks guys, I just wondered if anyone had experience of one with a good outside range, looking for something simple to use but that i can take out in the garden that i can reliably hear a baby on Hmmm!

They have a range of about 350m so no problem in the garden, unless you have acres of land!! Very very thick stone cottage walls can reduce the range, but in a regular house and a regular garden they are all much the same.

alex__17
23-06-2016, 05:24 PM
I have an angelcare one and the range is fine for garden, however I don't really rate the monitor, the screen barely works so I can't change any settings, luckily I'm fine with just sound settings I have now but if I ever wanted to use additional features I can't without buying a new handset (at a fair expense considering how quickly it went wrong!
I've heard good things about BT from friends

FloraDora
23-06-2016, 11:07 PM
I don't use one.
I thought long and hard about it but I organise my day around current baby's sleep pattern and it seems to work for us. He sleeps upstairs and when he does I can hear him as the children know that we have to be quieter when the baby is asleep. On the occasion when we need to go in the garden I anticipate this and he sleeps in my very old fashioned - princess Charlotte like pram in the garden. If we are out he sleeps in his pram as we walk.

I think it is good that the others have to consider him.
In the afternoons he naps when they others rest and I sit upstairs and write up the day.

I did wonder what you do as a single childminder if you are mid play in the garden and the monitor tells you the baby upstairs needs your attention? Do you all go in?

watford wizz
24-06-2016, 07:07 AM
This reminded me I tried using one years ago and managed to tune in to taxi, police and airport!! I not used one since lol x

mumofone
27-06-2016, 12:04 PM
This reminded me I tried using one years ago and managed to tune in to taxi, police and airport!! I not used one since lol x

Lol, I remember tuning my bedroom clock radio years ago and getting the same!!