PDA

View Full Version : Question about re-registering on early years

LittleJems
18-05-2016, 06:56 PM
Hi there, not sure if I have posted this in the correct place or not (apologies if I haven't)

I registered as a childminder on both registers back in 2009 after doing the local authority introduction to childcare etc ....

I practiced on both registers until about a year and a half ago, I then decided to take myself off the early years register as I was only going to look after the older kids..... I then found out I was pregnant.

I have decided to register for the early years register again...

My main query is will my introduction to childminding course back in 2009 be acceptable ? I am
Hoping someone else on here has either had to re register or knows someone who has done this..

My local authority haven't got another course until April 2017 !?!?

Are these new childminding organisations there to replace the local
Authorities early years childminding teams? I'm assuming that is the general idea, don't shoot me down if I have it wrong !

Thanks in advance :)

sarah707
18-05-2016, 07:48 PM
You will most likely have to do the introduction to childminding course again...

You could see how your LA feel about you doing one online? That might be a quicker way of getting it done - but yes, there is less money and therefore there are less courses available.

If you are talking about agencies there are a few around the country but they've not really taken off.

Hth :D