View Full Version : Reporting concerns about a child

16-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Your safeguarding and child protection policy and procedures should say that you will ring your Local Child Protection team / local safeguarding children board if you have a concern about a child's safety.

You should have the name of the lead professional who you contact ... and if you work in a group setting you should inform your safeguarding lead professional and follow it up if s/he has not taken action to protect the child.

You should also ring Ofsted to let them know what is happening - and if it's an emergency you can call the police or a doctor to look after the child.

There is a new contact number from NSPCC which you can also ring for advice and to report a concern - https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/child-protection-system/england/reporting-your-concerns/

Hth x