PDA

View Full Version : advices/opinions please

rollypolly
12-05-2016, 05:31 PM
Hi, if you have verbally agreed to change a contracted day from Monday to a Thursday, but the lo who was meant to be leaving, is now staying, (so the space is no longer available), is it ok to go back to verbal agreement, no contract has been signed. thanks :)

AgentTink
12-05-2016, 06:27 PM
I have had parents change plans before and it really can put me in a difficult position after I have made other arrangements with other families.

Normally I speak to the family who had changed their plans and advise them that I have made other plans with another family due to them telling me that from a certain date they didnt need the space and see if we can work something out. In your paticular situation im not sure if you really want to be doing this with the family due to their current circumstances. Are you aware if they would be willing to take the Monday instead for their little one or do they already come to you that day?

If you need to speak to the twins mum because you really cant offer them Thursdays then I would just be honest with the reason why you can no loger offer the space without giving too much personal information about the other family.

As all the children are your current children you may be able to do a continuity of care meaning you have more on one day but im not sure of your numbers of other children you have or if you would even be able to carry on normal rountines if you were over your numbers. Are there any other families changing their needs later on in the year? If so you could always speak to the twins mum and advise that you wont be abke to offer Thursday from July but you could from xxxx date. If this is possible you could also sweeten it a bit by saying that you wont charge for the August bank holiday as a one off due to the changes.

rollypolly
12-05-2016, 06:46 PM
Thank you for your advice, it really helped x