PDA

View Full Version : 9 week contract paperwork needed

emmas
09-05-2016, 11:11 AM
Hi all,

I am taking on a full time temp 9 week contract as of next week. I will be doing all the usual joining paperwork, contract, personal detail forms (all Pacey). But I wondered what you would put as a notice period to end contract if required?

Also what are my obligations with regards to daily diary, learning Journal, trackers? The little one is 14 months. What paperwork did you do?
9 weeks isnt very long to get to know a child really well.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.
Emma

moggy
09-05-2016, 12:20 PM
I would do a simplied version of LJ- maybe just in the daily diary, few photos, few links to areas of learning and age/stage. Most important is simply settling in.
How I'd handle notice period and settling period would all depend on how well I know the family, whether it would be a big financial blow if they left half way, how happy I was about how the little one would settle (I might want a get-out clause in case the little one just does not fit in for some reason).
You could do normal 4-week notice, or less if you feel happier that way. It is up to you.
I would want payment in advance for each month, so no debt can be run up.

Simona
10-05-2016, 08:05 AM
Hi all,

I am taking on a full time temp 9 week contract as of next week. I will be doing all the usual joining paperwork, contract, personal detail forms (all Pacey). But I wondered what you would put as a notice period to end contract if required?

Also what are my obligations with regards to daily diary, learning Journal, trackers? The little one is 14 months. What paperwork did you do?
9 weeks isnt very long to get to know a child really well.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.
Emma

I once looked after a child for less than the 9 weeks you mention.
The start date and end date were clearly stated on the contract....that means you are free to fill that space at the end of it.
In this instance you can put 'short term' contract and it ends when the parents tell you they no longer need your care.

After that any changes will mean another contract and a new agreement if the parents need you further.
The EYFS does not state how long a child has to be with you in order to carry out 'ongoing assessment' ...so all you can do is assess where the child is, observe while with you and then do a very short 'summary' as required by EYFS.

If you are using an off the shelf contract you may want to add a separate page to clarify it is just a temporary care arrangement just like it would for those who are employed on a cover base and short term...no difference.