PDA

View Full Version : Websites

Nicki L
08-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Has anybody ever set up their own website. I was looking at Freewebs.com last night and my computer wont allow the set up wizard thing to be used.

Are their any other free sites like this out there that any of you guys have used and found easy!!! (thats the most important bit lol):laughing:

LittleAcorns
08-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Hi Nicki

My hubby did mine but it wasnt a free one, sorry.

Pauline aka d'boss of this site will build you one for a very reasonable price, £25 I think x

Nicki L
08-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Hi Nicki

My hubby did mine but it wasnt a free one, sorry.

Pauline aka d'boss of this site will build you one for a very reasonable price, £25 I think x

Might just have to speak to Pauline then.

Although my hubby works in IT so really should volunteer. Maybe if i drop enough hints!

Thanks

sarah707
08-08-2008, 03:40 PM
I wonder what your computer won't let Freewebs load? I use Freewebs and it's very easy - you write your page on your computer and when you're ready copy and paste it in.

Pauline's sites are lovely - she did Angel's if you want to look at one :D

LisaH
08-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Might have to enlist Pauline myself. Hubby keeps saying he will help me set one up but hasnt yet!! Typical man. Lol

angeldelight
08-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Pauline has done a few for members here

Here is mine

http://www.littleangels.childmindinghelp.co.uk/

Angel xxx

liz252
08-08-2008, 07:10 PM
That's a lovely website Angel, really enjoying flicking through it :) . Do you have a lot of response from it, does it look good for Ofsted?? I'm fully booked at the moment so dont know whether it's worth doing one or not ..... I suppose when I get a 'free' moment - hahaha- it might be worth looking into!

Liz x

angeldelight
08-08-2008, 07:15 PM
To be honest I know the parents of the children that I mind love it

They are always looking at it

I also get a lot of emails from strangers asking if they can have buttercup the bear haha

I think its nice to put on my paperwork - my link - I feel proud of it

I have only ever had one call from it though so no it does not bring in the work but im full anyway

The most important thing if you do want one is the price

Pauline is the cheapest by far and charges one fee for the year
She does everything - the lay out - the colour - the wording - everything just the way you want it

I can not praise her enough

I would def go for it

Angel xx

buildingblocks
08-08-2008, 09:07 PM
That's a lovely website Angel, really enjoying flicking through it :) . Do you have a lot of response from it, does it look good for Ofsted?? I'm fully booked at the moment so dont know whether it's worth doing one or not ..... I suppose when I get a 'free' moment - hahaha- it might be worth looking into!Liz x

mine is with Freewebs and most of my enquiries have come through the website recently.

Angela234
08-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Pauline done mine for me you give her your infro and what you want she does the rest
Mine link is on my CIS page when i get inquiries they say they have seen my web site so it has worked for me

Here's the link if you want a look

http://www.littletots.childmindinghelp.co.uk/

Angela

angeldelight
08-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Thats the problem because im full I dont promote my website enough

Thanks for the tip Angela I will get my site put on the CIS

Angel xx

Angela234
08-08-2008, 09:53 PM
That as the first place i put it Angel I'm the only one in my town with a web site.

Angela