PDA

View Full Version : nose blowing

loocyloo
06-05-2016, 01:14 PM
Help!

I have 2 boys , about 2 1/2 , who just can't get the idea of blowing their own nose.

If i say blow throw your nose, they still blow through their mouth or sniff!

I know I've taught children how to do this before , but i can't remember how!

Any tips?

Thanks x

mumofone
06-05-2016, 01:39 PM
Help! I have 2 boys , about 2 1/2 , who just can't get the idea of blowing their own nose. If i say blow throw your nose, they still blow through their mouth or sniff! I know I've taught children how to do this before , but i can't remember how! Any tips? Thanks x

Oh gosh are they supposed to know that young??

alex__17
06-05-2016, 05:23 PM
My 3.5 year old just mastered it but doesn't like it... Told him to blow candles out with his mouth shut and a couple of other things from here or fb group but can't for the life of me remember!! I'll keep thinking!! Whatever they were they worked but he is s bit older

FussyElmo
06-05-2016, 05:47 PM
What about a game of tissue football? Small balls of tissue and you can only move it by blowing out of your nostrils.

Also same theory see who can blow a piece of tissue ribbon the furthest.

loocyloo
06-05-2016, 06:30 PM
:-) Thanks ... They are possibly a bit little, but I have 2 just 2yr olds who can blow their noses!

It's just another game to play that has the final outcome of independence :-)

mumofone
06-05-2016, 07:34 PM
:-) Thanks ... They are possibly a bit little, but I have 2 just 2yr olds who can blow their noses! It's just another game to play that has the final outcome of independence :-)

I only ask because I've not taught my soon to be two year old son yet- better get on it!! :-) X