PDA

View Full Version : Got a bit of a dilemma part 2

DonnaE
08-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Well on Monday I gave the mother a letter stating that if she didn't pay me in full I would withdraw the childs place and start to add a late payment charge of £5 per day including weekends. I rang NCMA the next day and oooops found out I wasn't allowed to withdraw the place as I was working out 4 weeks notice.

Anyway today low and behold - SHE PAID ME IN FULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY. :jump for joy:

I don't actually believe a word she has said about her company not paying her and no doubt I will being going through the same thing when I give her Augusts invoice but at least I have some money to take my own children out when we go on hols for the next couple of weeks.

Thanks everybody for all your advice

Donna
xx

Pipsqueak
08-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Whoo well done :clapping: glad you got paid. Thankfully at least the mum didn't know you couldn't do that!!!

I would have a word or two and say that you hope that there won't be a problem next month and if she feels there is could she be upfront with you asap and/ or you are more than happy to accept fees from now on, on a weekly basis so it makes it perhaps easier for her if she is finding things difficult! Ever so sweetly of course

elizabeth
08-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Pleased to hear you got your money, fingers crossed for next month.

katickles
08-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Oh thats great :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

I agree with pip, maybe have a little word now??

DonnaE
08-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Whoo well done :clapping: glad you got paid. Thankfully at least the mum didn't know you couldn't do that!!!

I would have a word or two and say that you hope that there won't be a problem next month and if she feels there is could she be upfront with you asap and/ or you are more than happy to accept fees from now on, on a weekly basis so it makes it perhaps easier for her if she is finding things difficult! Ever so sweetly of course

Her Auntie is a childminder so she may have asked her if I was able to do that but hey never mind I got what I have worked blooming hard for!!!

Polly2
08-08-2008, 03:20 PM
well done hun :clapping: