PDA

View Full Version : 30 hours funding not going well...

sarah707
05-05-2016, 06:21 AM
We need to keep an eye on what is happening with the 30 hours funding 'out there' ... it will affect a lot of us in the future.

This article is a little worrying!! https://www.pre-school.org.uk/news/2016/05/30-providers-withdraw-30-hours-pilot-york

It is, however, good to see providers taking a stand against under-funding ...

moggy
05-05-2016, 06:54 AM
We need to keep an eye on what is happening with the 30 hours funding 'out there' ... it will affect a lot of us in the future.

This article is a little worrying!! ttps://www.pre-school.org.uk/news/2016/05/30-providers-withdraw-30-hours-pilot-york

It is, however, good to see providers taking a stand against under-funding ...

https://www.pre-school.org.uk/news/2016/05/30-providers-withdraw-30-hours-pilot-york

mumofone
05-05-2016, 07:14 AM
Interesting, thanks guys.
I don't get why the government are paying such a small amount when they promised more, what am I missing?!

Simona
05-05-2016, 07:29 AM
A little clarification is necessary

Nicky Morgan, Sam Gyimah and the DfE have promised that the new funding will be £4.88...there is also a consultation coming on a national formula...all very well documented facts although little has been discussed in this forum but other sources are available.

The story from York has been unfolding for a while and there have been 'warnings' about what has been happening in the media....especially as one nursery provider has been very positive and vocal in his message

York LA has decided to pay providers £3.98 for the 'additional' 15 hours of childcare while continuing to pay £3.38 for the first 15 hours.

Both nurseries and Cms in York have been meeting to discuss this...all were very keen to be the pilots although they had 'no idea' at the start what the funding would be
Now they know the amount they have decided to withdraw from the pilots.

The worrying thing is that, while the DfE has promised higher funding the York LA has decided to cream off again from the £4.88 and only offer higher funding for the additional hours...or at least it looks like that so more talks with DfE are in the pipeline.

Who is in charge DfE or LAs? same old story I think.

I am very glad York providers have made such a bold move and hope many more will follow
PLA have also been very vocal in their warnings as their survey shows...and as they continue to flag up at every conference and opportunity they get.
PLA were at a recent Westminster Education conference in London where we heard all the ins and outs from the speakers including LAs who are piloting this very difficult scheme...Pacey were there too
PLA's AGM also has Sam Gyimah as guest speaker...hope to see many cms there!

The main lesson to learn is that the 30 hours is still on trial ...so as people have advised before 'keep informed' and don't make decisions as yet on whether you want to deliver or not the additional hours

Also make sure you know what your LA intends to do as I am sure you will have heard of the steps some LAs are taking regarding funding
including lowering the amount and reducing the weeks...all info is available if needed.
Your LA should have email you and kept you informed...if not ask them why not.

Good luck but there is plenty of time for decisions.