PDA

View Full Version : Voluntary part of Childcare register

keohane1
03-05-2016, 07:21 PM
Am I right in saying that i can be on the voluntary part of the childcare registration only to mind afterschool kids for 2hrs a day and cancel my compulsory part and also the early years register.
If the answer is yes would I still be inspected by Ofsted.

moggy
03-05-2016, 08:28 PM
Am I right in saying that i can be on the voluntary part of the childcare registration only to mind afterschool kids for 2hrs a day and cancel my compulsory part and also the early years register.
If the answer is yes would I still be inspected by Ofsted.

For up to 2 hours a day you do not need to be registered at all https://www.gov.uk/register-childminder-childcare-provider/overview But then you can not go over that 2 hours at all. You might want more flexibility?
'After schoolers' start right at age 4 so you'd still need EY register for over 2-hours care, unless you are doing over 8s only (but that must be a limited market, I would have though)
But some parents want an Ofsted registered setting so they can use employers childcare vouchers etc.
Yes, you can be inspected.
Read all about it here: https://www.gov.uk/register-childminder-childcare-provider/overview
Remember the fees are higher to be only on the childcare register, it is cheaper to be on EY too.

Joining the voluntary part of the Childcare Register

You can apply to the voluntary part of the Childcare Register if you want to do childcare for which registration isn’t compulsory, eg look after children aged 8 and above.

If you join the register voluntarily you’ll get a certificate, and the parents of the children you care for may be able to get other types of support, eg help with childcare costs.

You’ll need to pay the registration fee and annual fee, and you can be inspected.

keohane1
04-05-2016, 06:39 AM
For up to 2 hours a day you do not need to be registered at all https://www.gov.uk/register-childminder-childcare-provider/overview But then you can not go over that 2 hours at all. You might want more flexibility?
'After schoolers' start right at age 4 so you'd still need EY register for over 2-hours care, unless you are doing over 8s only (but that must be a limited market, I would have though)
But some parents want an Ofsted registered setting so they can use employers childcare vouchers etc.
Yes, you can be inspected.
Read all about it here: https://www.gov.uk/register-childminder-childcare-provider/overview
Remember the fees are higher to be only on the childcare register, it is cheaper to be on EY too.

Joining the voluntary part of the Childcare Register

You can apply to the voluntary part of the Childcare Register if you want to do childcare for which registration isn’t compulsory, eg look after children aged 8 and

If you join the register voluntarily you’ll get a certificate, and the parents of the children you care for may be able to get other types of support, eg help with childcare costs.

You’ll need to pay the registration fee and annual fee, and you can be inspected.

Thanks very much for that information. I am no longer childminding but ofsted want to come and inspect me on Tuesday, I have no PLI and she has told me I have to get it before she comes, problem is I don't think. I will ever go back to childminding but I wanted to keep my registration for the three years just incase. Their is more chance I will help parents out afterschool if I am asked but I am not actively looking for work. I really don't know what to do x

moggy
04-05-2016, 12:25 PM
Thanks very much for that information. I am no longer childminding but ofsted want to come and inspect me on Tuesday, I have no PLI and she has told me I have to get it before she comes, problem is I don't think. I will ever go back to childminding but I wanted to keep my registration for the three years just incase. Their is more chance I will help parents out afterschool if I am asked but I am not actively looking for work. I really don't know what to do x

Are you a Gold Member here, there is PLI included with that.