PDA

View Full Version : Tax return

mumofone
22-04-2016, 07:02 AM
Is it normal that I haven't received my letter from HMRC asking me to do my tax return yet? I started minding last April and want to do this years now. Thank you..

moggy
22-04-2016, 07:17 AM
Are you doing it on line? Are you registered for on line? I just logged on to my Self Assessment account on HMRC website and did it.

mumofone
22-04-2016, 07:29 AM
Are you doing it on line? Are you registered for on line? I just logged on to my Self Assessment account on HMRC website and did it.

Oh thanks moggy, I haven't checked online (durr!!) I was waiting for a letter, I'll go online and see :-)

Kiddleywinks
22-04-2016, 10:07 AM
I've waited 6 weeks before now lol

loocyloo
22-04-2016, 11:25 AM

Lol I've waited 6 months before submitting!

Kiddleywinks
22-04-2016, 01:12 PM
Lol I've waited 6 months before submitting!

9 months :blush:

Literally had a couple of days left ooops x

BallyH
22-04-2016, 05:02 PM
I'm a Christmas holiday tax return person.

bunyip
22-04-2016, 06:03 PM
I'm a Christmas holiday tax return person.

Me too. It's the ideal excuse to get away from the family on Boxing Day. "No, honestly, darling - it takes absolutely ages, so I'll just take these boxes of chocolates and bottles of ale to keep me going...." :D

Simona
23-04-2016, 06:47 AM
You will get your letter from HMRC Mumofone.

And you will have plenty of time to be reminded to submit your return...look out for all the billboards that will suddenly come up everywhere reminding self employed people to submit their tax return
Does 31 January ring any bells with anyone?

And here will be plenty of adverts everywhere with that lovely woman who used to read the BBC news!
Good luck with your first Tax return.

bunyip
23-04-2016, 03:15 PM
You will get your letter from HMRC Mumofone.

And you will have plenty of time to be reminded to submit your return...look out for all the billboards that will suddenly come up everywhere reminding self employed people to submit their tax return
Does 31 January ring any bells with anyone?

And here will be plenty of adverts everywhere with that lovely woman who used to read the BBC news!
Good luck with your first Tax return.

Ooooh, is it that lurvely Martine Croxall? She's gorgeous. :thank you:

Simona
24-04-2016, 08:26 AM
Ha Ha! Bunyip...you should have gone to Specsavers!!

bunyip
24-04-2016, 10:45 AM
Ha Ha! Bunyip...you should have gone to Specsavers!!

The frightening this is............ I do. :cool:

She has the most beautiful eyes. :)

mumofone
27-04-2016, 09:45 PM

For the letter to tell you to do it...?

mumofone
27-04-2016, 09:47 PM
Also, sorry, can I claim for mileage ive done? (Yes I know I'm supposed to know this stuff by now!!)

moggy
28-04-2016, 07:10 AM
Also, sorry, can I claim for mileage ive done? (Yes I know I'm supposed to know this stuff by now!!)
You can claim 45p per mail, you need a record of the mileage. I keep a log sheet in the car and jot down the mileage each trip. I am sure it is all in here, from free resources above, always worth checking what is in there:
expenses and tax - by Sarah (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/taxinformation.html)

mumofone
24-06-2016, 06:43 PM
You can claim 45p per mail, you need a record of the mileage. I keep a log sheet in the car and jot down the mileage each trip. I am sure it is all in here, from free resources above, always worth checking what is in there:
expenses and tax - by Sarah (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/taxinformation.html)

thanks moggy, just re-visiting this (yes i really am that slow!!), so it can just be my own record of what miles ive done?

moggy
24-06-2016, 08:56 PM
thanks moggy, just re-visiting this (yes i really am that slow!!), so it can just be my own record of what miles ive done?

Yes. If HRMC ever do a spot check on you I believe you need to be able to justify your expenses.