PDA

View Full Version : Safeguarding

kirstylou
21-04-2016, 05:12 PM
Hi all,

Sorry for asking this question when I'm sure its been asked a million times but I have completed my online level 2 safeguarding. I was told today by a friend that I don't need level 3 to become a childminder, is this correct?

Thanks in advance
Kirsty

moggy
21-04-2016, 05:48 PM
Hi all,

Sorry for asking this question when I'm sure its been asked a million times but I have completed my online level 2 safeguarding. I was told today by a friend that I don't need level 3 to become a childminder, is this correct?

Thanks in advance
Kirsty

You need to check with your own local authority- some require you to do a specific course locally to cover their local reporting procedures etc. Some local authorities my specify a level, some do not, some offer a more basic course and then a more advanced course as a follow-up... all depends on your area.

Simona
22-04-2016, 07:29 AM
Hi all,

Thanks in advance
Kirsty

Your child protection policy must include the LSCB procedures for contacting and acting in cases of child protection issues....you should also have their phone number.

Look at DfE guidance on 'Working Together to Safeguard children' (March 2015)

Every LA has an EY team...it may be small or reduced but they are there... and a LSCB
contact them to get clear details of what they require you to do....it should also be in your pre registration info pack

Online training is ok but it does not specify each LA's LSCB's procedures...if unsure also check with your representing association