PDA

View Full Version : typicall! loads of enquiries when im about to stop..

Jessymax
21-04-2016, 08:42 AM
Feeling a mix of emotions knowing last 6 weeks of CM'ing hoping im making the right decision. I am quite certain when we start a family I would go back to tihis job but only very part time maybe 2.5/3 days tops a week just to support partner wages etc
I feel even in this short amount of time ive learnt so much and if / when I do go back to it I feel as though there are definitely things I would say no to next time etc!
Big learning curve looking after friends and families LO can make you feel quite under appreciated at times! WIll definitely miss the Pros of being able to keep on top of house, the few times when they all take a nap and I can take a breather! no travelling in traffic! Ah time will tell x

Kaybeaa
21-04-2016, 03:29 PM
I would say that you'll definitely find Childminding more rewarding once you've had a child of your own. Not only will you get to spend as much time as you can with him/her without having to send to nursery/another Childminder, think of the money you'll save not having to pay for childcare! I started Childminding after having my son 4 years ago and he starts school in September just as I have my second. It's been invaluable for me and my boy as I've been able to give him a playschool type environment along with the other mindees. I also made the decision to Childmind 3 days and then take a cleaning job on Thursdays. This breaks up the monotony and means I get Friday's off which is a day spent with my son or doing paperwork. This formula has meant I genuinely enjoyed every aspect of Childminding, and I think if you come back to it part time like I've done, after having a child, you might view it differently too. Good luck!!