PDA

View Full Version : letter to parent to introduce minimum day charge

Debbie Vere
20-04-2016, 07:03 PM
Hi everyone,

I currently have this child 5 morning a week, but 2 days he goes to nursery so i only mind him for 1hr and only charge for 1 hour. I currently collect him from home and take him to nursery. Its not currently worth my while so i need to change it. Does the below seem reasonable? any suggestions gratefully received.

Dear ......,

Commencing 1st May 2016 there will be a 4 hour minimum daily charge, so I will charge you £24 a day regardless of whether .... attends nursery or not. So based on your usual 5 mornings, the weekly fee will be £120.

This will bring you inline with all my other clients and secure your full morning session when nursery is closed in the holidays and occasional other days.

Please sign below and return to agree to these terms.

Thanks,

Debbie Vere

…………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â €¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦

I agree to the introduction of a 4 hour minimum daily charge commencing 1st May 2016.

…………………………………………†¦â€¦ (Parent signature)…………………………….. (Date)

moggy
20-04-2016, 08:42 PM
Check your contract- what notice period did you agree on for changes to contractual terms?
It is often 4 week notice, in which case 1st May is not enough time.
This family may want to give notice to you and find care elsewhere because of this change, so they need time to be able to give you notice (4 weeks notice required?) without having to pay the increased fees you are imposing- would seem unfair otherwise, I think?

k1rstie
21-04-2016, 05:30 AM
Hi Debbie. Is the child going to go to full time school in September? If, yes, will you have the same rules as you as planning, so £120, for one hours care per day for 5 days. Or would you drop your rate?

If this is what you agreed when you took him on, I personally would suck it up till the end of term, and do new contracts for September. If it really niggles you, you might be better giving notice now, and starting again. My parents would not be happy if I started charging £24 per hour, just to take to school

Jessymax
21-04-2016, 07:09 AM
I think the letter is fine, maybe when you first took LO on he was with you all morning then slowly things change and now your 'wasting' 5 full mornings really. Check your contract then send it its up to parents what they choose to do next x