PDA

View Full Version : Starting Out

Sarah Dowson
20-04-2016, 11:10 AM
Hi all, Past few weeks i been thinking about following my dream career, im currently a stay at home mum to 2 boys, 1 whom is 4 and my youngest is 7 months. My home isnt the biggest but as a start could certainly look after other children. Today i rang my local authority, got welcome pack on its way and just joined to get on registration briefing session. I was wondering if people could tell me what it was like when you first took step to go into childminding, what happens next, tips on how to succeed in starting my own buisness? I want my home to be suitable for my 2 boys it is but what would ofsted look for in a good working home. Im really excited about the things im gonna learn taking this journey in life to make a career doing something i love.

Any advice and guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sarah :o

sarah707
20-04-2016, 06:30 PM
Welcome to the forum! You will find lots of information as you browse the different threads...

to start with do your course and then start your Ofsted application - you should be given lots of information on your course :D

cazacs
10-05-2016, 11:19 AM
Hi Sarah

I too am thinking of starting out like you so I will be very interested in what people have to say - tbh I'm quite nervous but excited to start this new challenge

cazacs
10-05-2016, 02:18 PM
Welcome to the forum! You will find lots of information as you browse the different threads...

to start with do your course and then start your Ofsted application - you should be given lots of information on your course :D

Which course would you recommend I start with ??

moggy
15-05-2016, 08:53 PM
Which course would you recommend I start with ??

You need to speak to your local authority and ask what course they accept- they should help you through the process and may run a free briefing meeting for those wanting to register which will include the course options in your area. Some local authorities are not offering these briefing meetings anymore but provide a presentation to explain it all.