PDA

View Full Version : Notifying Ofsted of changes

Bluebell
16-04-2016, 05:29 PM
If someone moves in I obviously have to tell them if the person is over 16 and get them DBS checked. If someone moves out do I still have to tell them as not really relevant to the business and no affect to children?

moggy
16-04-2016, 06:06 PM
I have read of CMers getting into trouble with Ofsted for not saying when someone has moved out. It is a 'change' so best inform them.

jolliesdean
16-04-2016, 06:33 PM
Yeah it was mentioned to me on my inspection lucky he had only just gone college so was documented but was advised that some inspectors are really strict and it's a major no no . Madness gone wrong x

Mouse
16-04-2016, 08:51 PM
Yes you do need to tell them.

I emailed them when 2 of my sons moved out and got a reply saying they acknowledged my email and my records had been updated. I've kept a copy of the emails on file for proof!

loocyloo
16-04-2016, 09:15 PM
When I moved 5 years ago, I removed both my assistants ... a few weeks ago for some reason I looked at my details and one was still there! So I rang & was told to email ... emailed ... was asked to reply with information already contained in my original email ... No response ... a week later I emailed again ... No response (apart from standard 'we'll get back to you!') ... so on Monday I will ring again! Madness!
Why they just couldn't do it on the phone I don't know!

Simona
17-04-2016, 08:22 AM
The requirement to notify OFSTED of any changes to our provision 'has not changed'....that includes people moving in or out of your provision

What has changed is 'how' we notify Ofsted...now it is done online.

This requirement changed a while ago...those who subscribe to Ofsted newsletter will have received information on this.

This link will help

https://www.gov.uk/register-childminder-childcare-provider/after-youre-registered

Bluebell
17-04-2016, 01:41 PM
Thank you for replies.

Simona
18-04-2016, 06:50 AM
When I moved 5 years ago, I removed both my assistants ... a few weeks ago for some reason I looked at my details and one was still there! So I rang & was told to email ... emailed ... was asked to reply with information already contained in my original email ... No response ... a week later I emailed again ... No response (apart from standard 'we'll get back to you!') ... so on Monday I will ring again! Madness!

By informing Ofsted in writing there is trail which they can check....not the same if you phone and are not given a reference number for your call or your information transferred into your file.

Advising Ofsted of changes online will insure you have proof you have informed them of changes....make sure you keep a copy.

Ofsted is a Data Controller like all EY settings...they must hold accurate records on providers.....if your records are not correct they must put them right.

loocyloo
20-04-2016, 01:29 PM

☺well, i just rang ofsted and got a friendly helpful chap :0) all sorted and an apology that no one had returned my email!