PDA

View Full Version : Your childminding "uniform"

mumofone
14-04-2016, 09:48 PM
Just for fun I just wondered What you all wear for working?! I go for comfort but still try and look presentable for parents and school runs, not sure if I achieve it though!! :-)

loocyloo
15-04-2016, 06:19 AM
I wear jeans, long sleeved tshirt and a cardigan or fleece in winter.
Cropped trousers/long shorts/skirt, tshirt/vest and a cardigan in summer.
Boots in winter, sandals in summer.

Jessymax
15-04-2016, 06:26 AM
I wear jeans, and t shirt/ hoody with my 'brand' childminding name stitched on front and back it has brought me a lot of enquiries at groups etc

BallyH
18-04-2016, 07:25 PM
Jeans with at least 2% elasticity so I can bend. Tshirts, cardigans and a smile with a dap of lipstick.

Maza
18-04-2016, 08:16 PM
I've never liked jeans (love the look of them but don't find them comfy) and so I tend to wear cords as my casual look - found the Gap ones comfortable and so have been buying them for years in various colours. Casual top and cardy (same cardy, several colours) ballet pumps or wellies.

In the garden I often wear a gillet (sp?) as I can move about more freely than in my big coat.

Actually, I have just bought some new shoes from the garden centre as our garden is so muddy at the minute and I have ruined my last ballet pumps by wearing them in there. My new shoes are my 'wellie shoes' as I call them and look just like wellies but stop around the ankle - like crocs but without the holes or sling backs. I love them - so practical - but DH forbids me from wearing them anywhere but the privacy of our garden!

clareelizabeth1
19-04-2016, 10:34 AM
Currently in the garden wearing legging tshirt n socks.

mumofone
19-04-2016, 11:09 AM
Jeans with at least 2% elasticity so I can bend. Tshirts, cardigans and a smile with a dap of lipstick.

Haha I like the smile part - sometimes I forget! ;-)

blue bear
19-04-2016, 05:43 PM
What ever I feel like in the morning no uniform or usual wear can be anything from jeans and a top, to long flowing dresses, or shorts and a vest anything really, just not my 'going out/nice weekend' clothes

natlou82
19-04-2016, 09:18 PM
I'm the same as blue bear. I keep thinking about getting a uniform, logo t-shirts/logo hoodies. At the minute though I don't have a logo lol!

FloraDora
20-04-2016, 03:05 AM
I have never really adjusted out of my mind set of my previous life and greet my parents and children every morning looking like I am my old professional self except I have swapped a skirt or dress and jacket for trousers, velvet cord type or linen with a tunic top and scarf and a longer loose cardigan in winter and makeup - a little less than in my old life, but definately mascara ( I have fair eyelashes) and lipstick. I used to dye my eyelashes half termly but this was one of my extravagances that had to go in my retirement. I am rather taken with a couple of shalwar kameez type outfits I have now too, very comfortable, yet bright and professional looking and much cheaper than my usual East outfits.
I change/ put over the top throughout the day depending on activity, walking trousers and boots/ wellies for the nature reserve. I have become rather partial to comfy harem type trousers in the garden with a pair of old faithful leather clog like slip ons that I bought in a Next sale - 24 years ago - my gardening shoes now and a lined linen oversize smock that I had for a trek once from Rohan, it's a bit faded and worn but perfect for slipping on and off when I garden or play in the mud. I have a painters smock type apron that I wear over my clothes for craft and have a lovely rainbow striped pinny for cooking and baking. I sort of change with the children, so if they wear their garden play suits, then I change to my garden wear, they wear aprons and smocks, I do too. Showing them that there are different protective clothing for different activities.
I have never worn a logo really in my life ditto a sweatop, polo shirt or fleece( unless I am hiking) so am not intending to start. I am not big on sports wear either but do wear some jersey trousers and trainers if we are heading for sporting activities on the field, as do the children too. ( joggers and trainers/ pumps).
I do tend to change back into my morning outfit though for home time...which then is OK to go shopping in or visit a friend straight after work.
My mainstay though is always a scarf....and has been all my life....my neck really can't cope with cold or sunshine so I have hundreds, well it looks like I do - I have a cupboard just for scarves. They come in handy for dressing up ideas though.

singingcactus
20-04-2016, 01:48 PM
Right now, whatever fits lol. I don't know what happened but suddenly (really suddenly) nothing fits me anymore :crying:. Currently wearing jeans and a world of warcraft teeshirt.