PDA

View Full Version : Review into childcare

Smiley
11-04-2016, 03:07 PM
Well worth reading, dozens of comments at the bottom and many from childminders.
https://cutting-red-tape.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/childcare/

Simona
11-04-2016, 03:44 PM
Interesting comments....as expected many providers are raising the issue of funding...not surprising :rolleyes:

We really need to look seriously at how we can cut extra burdens of bureaucracy....the 30 hours will add to it without a doubt!...and without knowing how the LAs will act to make the sector more accountable...I am sure they are already busy devising new paperwork :mad:

rickysmiths
12-04-2016, 02:12 PM
Interesting comments....as expected many providers are raising the issue of funding...not surprising :rolleyes:

We really need to look seriously at how we can cut extra burdens of bureaucracy....the 30 hours will add to it without a doubt!...and without knowing how the LAs will act to make the sector more accountable...I am sure they are already busy devising new paperwork :mad:

Why would LAs be devising paperwork for Childcare? We are not required to do anything other than EYFS to deliver the 15 Free Education!

Some of the comments are interesting I am not sure some of them do themselves any favours by them though.

Simona
12-04-2016, 04:01 PM
Why would LAs be devising paperwork for Childcare? We are not required to do anything other than EYFS to deliver the 15 Free Education!

Some of the comments are interesting I am not sure some of them do themselves any favours by them though.

Not sure I said LAs will be devising paperwork for 'childcare'? I think I mean something totally different

Whatever people feel like saying is worth listening to...everyone has a right to express their frustrations, fears and total 'I am fed' message....good on them!

rickysmiths
12-04-2016, 05:13 PM

This is what you said Simona: 'and without knowing how the LAs will act to make the sector more accountable...I am sure they are already busy devising new paperwork'

Simona
12-04-2016, 05:36 PM
This is what you said Simona: 'and without knowing how the LAs will act to make the sector more accountable...I am sure they are already busy devising new paperwork'

Yes I did...but it is not what you are interpreting.
There are 90 answers on that link...you picked one ....the one you have misinterpreted?

Shall I give you a few examples of 'paperwork' devised by LAs in the past ....and some in the making ....that have and will add to bureaucracy?

Shall I mention contracts for delivering funding...EYPP forms...audits...I leave it there as too many to mention.

mumofone
12-04-2016, 08:09 PM
Well worth reading, dozens of comments at the bottom and many from childminders.
https://cutting-red-tape.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/childcare/

Thanks for sharing smiley :-)

Simona
12-04-2016, 09:24 PM
Some fantastic comments from those inputting are coming up in this
All sorts are being raised as burden...VAT, costs, administration, time taken for progress checks and...Cms ratios too....yay!

keep sharing this link!