PDA

View Full Version : After-schoolies during holiday

Czegluk
10-04-2016, 08:02 PM
Hiya,
I have a question again regarding how to charge..

I would like to concentrate on after-school care and was wondering how to charge during holidays if these kids are in term time contract only but need care during holiday.

Do you give discount?

Do you recommend all year around contract?

I will be open from 3 to 7.30 term-time but happy to do the school holiday care (all day) IF needed. So other way round than most providers, hopefully will attract interest.

Thanks for any thoughts.

B

natlou82
11-04-2016, 07:28 AM
I do a term time contract with Adhoc through the holidays. Parents let me know in advance the holiday care they need and I charge my normal rate for that day. I personally don't do retainers but many providers do for these type of contracts.

Czegluk
11-04-2016, 12:16 PM
Thank you!

samb
11-04-2016, 07:07 PM
I'm the same - term time only with ad hoc in holidays. I "release" holiday booking forms at each school holiday for the next school holiday and once it is booked they are liable to pay for it. As i get full I inform parents of what is left and then 2 weeks before I close the books and that's it I won't alter so I can then plan what we are doing. It works for me. Money wise I charge a set rate before and after school and hourly rates in the holidays, no retainers as they aren't retaining anything. I risk them not coming back after holidays I suppose but I haven't ever had that problem as after school care is like gold dust round here with no after school clubs.

bunyip
12-04-2016, 09:00 AM
I do a term time contract with Adhoc through the holidays. Parents let me know in advance the holiday care they need and I charge my normal rate for that day. I personally don't do retainers but many providers do for these type of contracts.

I do the same. Holiday bookings are on a first come, first served basis. I've rarely had to turn them away, but it is a possibility since I have some EY children through the holidays.

One of my schoolies comes pretty much all the holidays on as 'as required' basis, so I retain a place for her without charging a retainer. It's a bit of an odd arrangement, being my very first mindee and a friend of the family. She pays a flat monthly rate which we agreed; if anything, she pays slightly above the rate, but has a lot more flexibility than I'd be inclined to offer others (how very "unprofessional" of me. :rolleyes: )

If you take ad hoc bookings for hols, get the money at the same time as you agree the booking and make sure they know it will not be refunded if they cancel. Otherwise you run the risk parents will book to get a foot in the door then cancel last minute if not required: in the meantime you might've turned down other bookings. A set of Ts&Cs for ad hoc is useful here.