PDA

View Full Version : Toddler Piano/keyboard

mumofone
09-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Another recommendation request im afraid(!)...I'm after a keyboard, piano type toy for my son and mindees. Can anyone recommend me one please? Thank you :-)

Czegluk
09-04-2016, 08:45 PM
Hi ,ELC is really good one with lots of features and nice sound. BUT u must check the microphone as too many of them faulty as i saw the reviews ..actually the kids never notice;)

They are sold at elc,args and tescoo.

mumofone
09-04-2016, 09:25 PM
Hi ,ELC is really good one with lots of features and nice sound. BUT u must check the microphone as too many of them faulty as i saw the reviews ..actually the kids never notice;) They are sold at elc,args and tescoo.

Thank you :-) x

bunyip
10-04-2016, 07:05 AM
I'd always look for one with a volume control, as lo's equate "music" with the loudest sound they can make. Charming at first, but it can soon turn to annoyance, and I find some mindees don't like the others making so much noise.

I'd take a look at the keyboard floor-mats, which they can push with hands and/or feet. They encourage movement and let more than one child have a go at the same time.

mumofone
10-04-2016, 07:21 AM
I'd always look for one with a volume control, as lo's equate "music" with the loudest sound they can make. Charming at first, but it can soon turn to annoyance, and I find some mindees don't like the others making so much noise. I'd take a look at the keyboard floor-mats, which they can push with hands and/or feet. They encourage movement and let more than one child have a go at the same time.

Thanks bunyip, good tip about the volume control!

I'll look at the floor mats too, I hadn't considered those..

FloraDora
10-04-2016, 07:31 AM
On the ' sound/ noise' issue I would recommend a real instrument over a toy. You can pick up second hand keyboards quite cheaply and they sound much nicer than the toy versions, especially when they would like to explore loud and quiet sounds.
Our LO's use our electric piano daily and it always sounds ok and there is little they can do to wreck it. I find they take really good care of actual instruments too, treating them like musical instruments over toys and playing them in a musical way. They explore the sounds they can make, but with respect for it being an instrument too.

natlou82
10-04-2016, 07:38 AM
Great advice Floradora :-) I may look into this now too.

loocyloo
10-04-2016, 09:25 AM
I don't have an electric keyboard at all - we just have a real piano! I appreciate that not everyone does or even wants to, but the LOs ( and not so little! ) love playing the piano themselves, and listening to DS or DD practice.

I agree with FloraDora - I have real instruments for the children (alongside some shakers/bells etc) and they do take care of them. its easier to take care of something that makes a good sound, rather than not. We bought DS a proper tuned metal Xylophone years ago and no matter what the children do, it always sounds tuneful!