PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor table and chairs

mumofone
08-04-2016, 08:58 AM
Sorry everyone looking for yet another recommendation! This time for a pre schooler/toddler outdoor table and chair set? What do you all use? Great if I can stack and pack away in the shed after use too!

FloraDora
08-04-2016, 10:33 AM
In keeping in with a natural focus I use logs to sit on.

We do have a collapsable camping table for outdoor use - potting table etc..I can adjust the leg height so goes from low to normal adult size which means I can use it too.

Mine tend to sit on a tarpaulin, rug, mats logs for picnics. Mats and cushions for relaxing and reading areas.

I don't need a matching plastic table and chair set for anything so having invested.
My older children like to use my normal size patio table and chairs too.

Maza
08-04-2016, 11:27 AM
I have ...plastic! I'm not a lover of plastic but they were on sale - and would have been cheaper than wood even if they weren't. I have two of the blue ones from ELC and red matching chairs. The chairs are substantial for plastic - a lot of the cheaper ones are flimsy. Sorry, don't know how to do links. The tables and chairs are light enough for me to get out and put away every night - wood can be a bit heavy! They clean easily. What I especially like about them is that they have a 'groove' at one end of the table and that is brilliant for stopping things from rolling off it. They clean really well. Mine love them use them for their cooking/potion mixing etc.

If I was being really critical, I would point out that the legs on the tables slope outwards a bit and so they don't sit flush against a wall and if you have them in a row the legs will touch but the table tops won't, but it has never caused a problem.

blue bear
08-04-2016, 02:41 PM
I use my tuff tray, hubby made a wooden top and we use the plastic elc chairs from indoors.

mumofone
09-04-2016, 05:04 PM
I have ...plastic! I'm not a lover of plastic but they were on sale - and would have been cheaper than wood even if they weren't. I have two of the blue ones from ELC and red matching chairs. The chairs are substantial for plastic - a lot of the cheaper ones are flimsy. Sorry, don't know how to do links. The tables and chairs are light enough for me to get out and put away every night - wood can be a bit heavy! They clean easily. What I especially like about them is that they have a 'groove' at one end of the table and that is brilliant for stopping things from rolling off it. They clean really well. Mine love them use them for their cooking/potion mixing etc. If I was being really critical, I would point out that the legs on the tables slope outwards a bit and so they don't sit flush against a wall and if you have them in a row the legs will touch but the table tops won't, but it has never caused a problem.

Thanks maza, I'll check out ELC :-)
I very nearly bought some off ebay but now I look again I think they may be flimsy like you mention.