PDA

View Full Version : why doesn't anyone take us seriously?!!!

butterfly
08-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Argghh i'm fuming!!

i was expecting two siblings last week to arrive at 2.30. well the time came and went and i decided i might have git the time wrong as usually they come from 3.30. anyway waitied and waited and 3.30 came and went. eventually i phoned mum at 3.45 and got no reply. she was phoning me at the same time and left message apologising but they were having such a nice time out they decided to stay there!! i was a little miffed as had waited in all day!

anyway i got over it but saw mum today and she gave a tiny apology and then said 'well you got paid anyway so it doesn't matter'!!!

why do parents think money is the only thing that matters!! i waited in all day (the only sunny one we've had this week!!) and had got out all the resources and toys etc. also had specially bought dinner for the kids as extra and then they didn't come!!!

sorry rant over now!!

elizabeth
08-08-2008, 12:00 PM
That's just typical of some parents. I'm sure you could have found lots to do if only you had known. Hope your day wasn't too wasted

cherry
08-08-2008, 12:31 PM
I know how you feel, I've had a child not turn up today. No phone call and Mums not answering her mobile. I only saw her on Wednesday and she gave me a letter with all the dates on including today.

Why do they think they can treat us like this!! :angry:

Pipsqueak
08-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Its cuz we just sit around drinking tea wasting teh day away init!!

Serious, who is serious about childcare.... :rolleyes:

Thats really naughty of them to do that though - think I would be putting it in my next newsletter that you don't like wasting your day through non-informed non attendance.:D

ruby
08-08-2008, 03:57 PM
have to admit we have one like this that is late or doesn't turn up and then we may get a phone call lunch time saying they are not coming.

we are going out for the day on Monday and have told all the parents they need to be here by 7.30 if not we will go without them

have decided to alter our contracts and put in a bit about not waiting if we are going out as it is very annoying keeping all the children waiting for them and then they doesn't show up or they are late

cathy

angeldelight
08-08-2008, 06:35 PM
How annoying and typical of some

Angel xx

Spangles
08-08-2008, 06:40 PM
That's really disrespectful and rude of them.

I had a parent do this at the beginning of the year, she was an hour late one day and didn't bother to phone and then she just didn't bother to turn up another day so I cancelled the contract. I decided not to take any nonsense on that occasion - very unlike me but it made me so mad!

It's not just childminders that people do this to though, look at the number of people who don't bother with doctors, dentist and hospital appointments. Appointments that someone else really desperately needs and they don't bother to turn up or cancel! Makes my blood boil!

LisaH
08-08-2008, 06:47 PM
We all end up with at least one parent like this unfortunately!! Sometimes you have to just sit them down and tell them straight that they are basically messing up your working day if they dont keep you informed!!

If this dosent work send a letter to the same effect. Failing that they have had their chance so give them notice!! (If you can afford to lose them that is)Lol
:)

chels55
09-08-2008, 08:21 AM
I have a parent like that, answer for it all is "well it makes no difference im still paying you" after i waited two hours for mindee to turn up:angry:

Julia
09-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Have had plenty like that too, people treat us like servents, just because they pay us does not mean they can treat us like this.

I had one couple, who had a before and after school contract for the last school year, she texted me today to ask for my reg. Number, i asked why and she said to claim tax credits and I poliitly said you'll have to ask your new childminder for her number and she went off on one, saying it was a rolling contract, but I clearly state that all school contracts end in July and have to be renegosiated for the September term.

I then had her ex husband on the phone having a go at me saying Ive caused his wife to cry and that she was going to have to give up her job, I just said "why did you just assume I would care for them in September, you made no attempt to let me know that you would be interested in care in September so I quite naturally filled all my spaces"

Eventually he had to agree that it was his fault for not reading the contract and for assuming I would just be there for them.

These are the people that I have to practically beg for my money every month, their children run off from me when Im trying to push a buggy or hold other childrens hands, call the other children F*ckers and Ba*tards and make my son cry because they are so nasty to him, oh and this is also the mum who slammed the door in my face when i asked for payment as it was already 2 weeks late.

Maybe I didnt point out the contract was coming to an end, but what do they say about assumtion:laughing:

butterfly
09-08-2008, 08:57 PM
sounds like it's just as well they've left!!

Bushpig
09-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Have had plenty like that too, people treat us like servents, just because they pay us does not mean they can treat us like this.

I had one couple, who had a before and after school contract for the last school year, she texted me today to ask for my reg. Number, i asked why and she said to claim tax credits and I poliitly said you'll have to ask your new childminder for her number and she went off on one, saying it was a rolling contract, but I clearly state that all school contracts end in July and have to be renegosiated for the September term.

I then had her ex husband on the phone having a go at me saying Ive caused his wife to cry and that she was going to have to give up her job, I just said "why did you just assume I would care for them in September, you made no attempt to let me know that you would be interested in care in September so I quite naturally filled all my spaces"

Eventually he had to agree that it was his fault for not reading the contract and for assuming I would just be there for them.

These are the people that I have to practically beg for my money every month, their children run off from me when Im trying to push a buggy or hold other childrens hands, call the other children F*ckers and Ba*tards and make my son cry because they are so nasty to him, oh and this is also the mum who slammed the door in my face when i asked for payment as it was already 2 weeks late.

Maybe I didnt point out the contract was coming to an end, but what do they say about assumtion:laughing:

Just as well they are gone! You do not need this in your life :)

Julia
11-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Just as well they are gone! You do not need this in your life :)

To be honest I had thier notice typed up and in hand one day, about January time I think it was and as I walked up to the mum she burst into tears and said her husband moved out at the weekend, of course I fell for it and didnt give her the letter, more fool me, because it went from bad to worse after that!

Ive decided to always go with my gut feeling:cool:

sandy
11-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Ive had a similar situation this week.
I mind 4 children, all pre-schoolers.
I knew one was away this week, then last thursday I found out another was away and on friday the same again with another child !!! :angry:

So this week I have one child all week and he's only coming 2 days as dad is on leave !!

I'm off myself next week ( loads of notice given ) so all my oympic planning for this week is completely wasted.

It is so annoying. Both late informers tried to say they had told me but there is no way they had as I am meticulous about it and always write in my diary while they are telling me so no mistakes can be made.
Sandy x

Bushpig
14-08-2008, 09:36 AM
To be honest I had thier notice typed up and in hand one day, about January time I think it was and as I walked up to the mum she burst into tears and said her husband moved out at the weekend, of course I fell for it and didnt give her the letter, more fool me, because it went from bad to worse after that!

Ive decided to always go with my gut feeling:cool:

Yes... good idea... one's gut feeling is usually spot on! :)