PDA

View Full Version : Over 8's

mumofone
03-04-2016, 08:39 AM
I have a mindee soon turning 8 and have heard this can affect my insurance, what do I need to know? Are there any other considerations with ages 8 and over? Thank you :-)

moggy
03-04-2016, 09:49 AM
No,they don't effect anything, they are just out of your 'under 8s' numbers. But they do count in your total number of children allowed by your insurance which will be 10-12-or so. If you have up to that number in your care at the same time then best check with your insurance exactly what the number is, but if you are well below that it is not relevant to you.

mumofone
03-04-2016, 07:22 PM
No,they don't effect anything, they are just out of your 'under 8s' numbers. But they do count in your total number of children allowed by your insurance which will be 10-12-or so. If you have up to that number in your care at the same time then best check with your insurance exactly what the number is, but if you are well below that it is not relevant to you.

Thanks moggy, I'll check my insurance to see what it says :-)
Are over 8's just subject to the childcare register stuff?

BallyH
03-04-2016, 07:23 PM
It should say in the paperwork that your insurance company send when you sign up/renew. I'm with MortonMichel and I'm insured for a maxmum of 12 children at any onetime.