PDA

View Full Version : hi can someone help please

Jessymax
31-03-2016, 01:43 PM
So im stopping childminding but will probably go back to being a private nanny, if I keep being ofsted registered I think they can use childcare vouchers to pay me.. my question is firstly when I ring ofsted to tell them i'm stopping minding do I say I want to keep my registration open as a nanny?
secondly do know if I can be paid via vouchers for 2 different families as a nanny

any help much appreciated

FussyElmo
31-03-2016, 02:22 PM
So im stopping childminding but will probably go back to being a private nanny, if I keep being ofsted registered I think they can use childcare vouchers to pay me.. my question is firstly when I ring ofsted to tell them i'm stopping minding do I say I want to keep my registration open as a nanny?
secondly do know if I can be paid via vouchers for 2 different families as a nanny

I'm fairly sure that's it's a different registration for nannies and childminding

mumofone
31-03-2016, 04:55 PM
What are the differences between nannying and childminding exactly? I've been wondering this..

moggy
31-03-2016, 05:01 PM
What are the differences between nannying and childminding exactly? I've been wondering this..

Nannying is in the child's home, you can be employed by one family, or self-employed and work for several families.
Childminding is in the childminder's home.

Pacey website has a good description of nannying- see Pacey website, click on 'Working in Childcare' top left --- 'Nannies'.

mumofone
31-03-2016, 05:39 PM
Nannying is in the child's home, you can be employed by one family, or self-employed and work for several families. Childminding is in the childminder's home. Pacey website has a good description of nannying- see Pacey website, click on 'Working in Childcare' top left --- 'Nannies'.

Thanks moggy, I'll take a look. :-)
Thank you x

Rick
31-03-2016, 05:54 PM

I don't see why you can't be paid vouchers by more than one family the same as you can when childminding. It's the family's allowance to pay their childcare provider.

muffins
31-03-2016, 09:31 PM
You need to be registered as a home carer, you can have this added to your childminding registration. I did this, they added it immediately when I called them & no cost:)

Jessymax
01-04-2016, 06:42 AM
brilliant thanks muffins and when I ring I can tell them to close my childminding one but 'swap' it to a home carer? thanks x

muffins
01-04-2016, 10:30 PM
I'm not sure if they would do that but I don't see why not. You can keep your childminder registration for a few years without practicing, I would just in case you decide to go back as you would have to do the complete registration process again!

Jessymax
02-04-2016, 08:00 AM
ok so what do I say on the phone if I don't want inspecting but don't want to cancel it completely? x

moggy
02-04-2016, 06:01 PM
ok so what do I say on the phone if I don't want inspecting but don't want to cancel it completely? x

If you are registered as a CMer you can/will be inspected as usual- even if it is a 'no children on role' inspection. And you will need to carry on paying Ofsted CMer registration fees, keep your first aid renewed every 3 years and keep your PLI paid, as they are statutory requirements of being registered whether you have children on role or not.

If it is easy to add nanny registration to CMer registration you might want to do that first (I have no experience of this but a previous post suggested it was straightforward to do).
Then decide if you want to ever return to CMing, and then cancel the CMer registration at a later date once you have decided. If you have PLI and Ofsted etc paid up for this year then there is no rush to cancel now- wait until it is time to payout for a renewal of something.

Jessymax
03-04-2016, 08:02 PM
Im confused- is there a way to just switch it to a ofsted registered nanny and get rid of CM all together im not bothered that ive paid up until nov, I don't want to go back to it and don't want to be inspected xx

moggy
03-04-2016, 08:08 PM
Im confused- is there a way to just switch it to a ofsted registered nanny and get rid of CM all together im not bothered that ive paid up until nov, I don't want to go back to it and don't want to be inspected xx

I'd just phone Ofsted and ask, will save all the speculating here! Good luck, let us know how it goes xx