PDA

View Full Version : Films for 7-8 year olds

mumofone
30-03-2016, 09:55 AM
Does anyone have any recommendations please? Thank you :-)

Lal
30-03-2016, 10:53 AM
"How to Train Your Dragon" is a big hit here.

Maza
30-03-2016, 03:32 PM
Inside out

clareelizabeth1
31-03-2016, 03:23 AM
Dont have many resent films as ds is 3 but my picks when i was that age were

The home alone series
Toy story
Mary poppings
Bed knobs and broom sticks
Mr Tom
The secret garden
The little princess (although i preferred the book)

mumofone
31-03-2016, 08:41 AM
"How to Train Your Dragon" is a big hit here.

Thank you, I'll get that ive not heard of that one.

mumofone
31-03-2016, 08:42 AM
Inside out

Thanks maza, think they enjoyed this one last holidays. Though they'll always watch the same thing twice! :-)

Maza
31-03-2016, 09:42 AM
Thanks maza, think they enjoyed this one last holidays. Though they'll always watch the same thing twice! :-)

Yeh, it's a sweet one isn't it?

Did you read all the controversy around Watership Down being shown over the Easter weekend? We recorded it but I haven't shown it to DD yet and I'm not sure if I will just yet. I saw it when I was little and I remember loving it but being really upset at the same time.

Mouse
31-03-2016, 10:21 AM
Yeh, it's a sweet one isn't it?

Did you read all the controversy around Watership Down being shown over the Easter weekend? We recorded it but I haven't shown it to DD yet and I'm not sure if I will just yet. I saw it when I was little and I remember loving it but being really upset at the same time.

I love Watership Down but did think it was a strange choice for family viewing on an Easter weekend!

From my experience most Disney films have at least one bit in that young children could find really scary, but Watership Down is on a whole other level!!

loocyloo
31-03-2016, 10:24 AM
I love Watership Down but did think it was a strange choice for family viewing on an Easter weekend!

From my experience most Disney films have at least one bit in that young children could find really scary, but Watership Down is on a whole other level!!

the song 'bright eyes' made me cry from the first time I heard it, long before I knew it was linked to Watership Down! DD wants to see it, but she gets very emotional very easily and I don't think I can cope with it yet!

Maza
31-03-2016, 11:37 AM
the song 'bright eyes' made me cry from the first time I heard it, long before I knew it was linked to Watership Down! DD wants to see it, but she gets very emotional very easily and I don't think I can cope with it yet!

Yes, that song always brings a lump to my throat as well. It was my 'lullaby' that my grandparents used to sing to me to get me to sleep.

Mouse
31-03-2016, 11:57 AM
Yes, that song always brings a lump to my throat as well. It was my 'lullaby' that my grandparents used to sing to me to get me to sleep.

It's one of those songs that instantly take you back to your childhood.

mumofone
03-04-2016, 07:53 PM
Any more film ideas anyone? :-) x

mumofone
03-04-2016, 07:54 PM
I love the song bright eyes. I'm sure I must have seen water ship down as a child but have to say I don't remember, I need to watch it again :-) x

Maza
04-04-2016, 08:14 AM
Up
Paddington (so funny, you must watch this if you haven't seen it before)
Kung Foo Panda
House of Magic
Mrs Doubtfire
ET
Fantastic Mr Fox

Then there are the classic musicals - Wizard of Oz, Mary Poppins, Chitty, Chitty Bang Bang, Annie (not sure older boys would love this one), Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

loocyloo
04-04-2016, 08:52 AM
Bugsy malone :0)

mumofone
04-04-2016, 09:14 AM
Bugsy malone :0)

Love this film!!! :-)

mumofone
04-04-2016, 10:31 AM
Up Paddington (so funny, you must watch this if you haven't seen it before) Kung Foo Panda House of Magic Mrs Doubtfire ET Fantastic Mr Fox Then there are the classic musicals - Wizard of Oz, Mary Poppins, Chitty, Chitty Bang Bang, Annie (not sure older boys would love this one), Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Thanks maza, there should be something here they can choose from!! :-) x

Maza
04-04-2016, 10:32 AM
Someone on another thread just mentioned 'Cars'.

mumofone
04-04-2016, 10:38 AM
Someone on another thread just mentioned 'Cars'.

Fab thanks maza :-) you're the best! :-)