PDA

View Full Version : Leaving assistant whilst abroad?

**Orchard CM**
26-03-2016, 09:41 AM
Hi all,

Ok I have an assistant, my sister. She has qualifications in childcare and is fully registered with first aid. She is able to stay with the children for up to 2 hours (I'm sure we all know this :)) however my question is:

If I go abroad, is she able to look after children still for up to two hours or not?

Any views and thoughts would be greatly appreciated :)

sarah707
26-03-2016, 11:57 AM
She can be a nanny!... working from the child/ren's homes.

But no she cannot be left on her own in your house while you are out of the country - because you are responsible for supervising her and you won't be able to do that from abroad.

I hope that clarifies :D

Mouse
26-03-2016, 02:17 PM
You don't have to be registered to look after children for up to 2 hours a day, so your sister could do it as a private arrangement between her and the parents, but she wouldn't be insured.

I don't know about the implications of her working from your house, even if it was nothing to do with your registration, so you would have to check that out with your insurance company and Ofsted. If it was me I wouldn't want the care being done in my house though as, even if it was fully understood that the care was nothing to do with you, it would be very difficult to distance yourself if anything did go wrong. Could your sister look after the children in her own home or in the children's home?

Simona
27-03-2016, 08:15 AM
Hi all,

Ok I have an assistant, my sister. She has qualifications in childcare and is fully registered with first aid. She is able to stay with the children for up to 2 hours (I'm sure we all know this :)) however my question is:

If I go abroad, is she able to look after children still for up to two hours or not?

Any views and thoughts would be greatly appreciated :)

I would check the Ofsted guidance and see what it states regarding your assistant....if she is registered you will find clear statements on what she can do or not do.

You say she is 'fully registered with First Aid'...Ofsted are clear on that too...check it out and if not clear give Ofsted a ring.
Apart from nannies who work from the child's home there is also a 'home childcare' you could look into to so you know the rules.

Good luck!