PDA

View Full Version : Sensory soap dispenser

FloraDora
20-03-2016, 07:47 PM
I love the sensory soap dispensers for the LO's. I have the dettol ones currently but they are beginning to seize up so I have been looking to replace. I have ordered 2 of these as they are a great price. One for the downstairs toilet and one for the kitchen. They make sure that germs / contamination are not passed on via the soap dispenser as you just pop your hand underneath and it dispenses just the correct amount. Nothing touched.

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/gg-groupon-goods-global-gmb-h-24-2561?deal_option=6c0c919c-9947-4b43-ba71-ecf12ae55167&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=uk_dt_sea_ggl_txt_tim_pads_cbp_chp_nb r_target*_adposition*1o2_prodtarget*64513890853_ad type*pla_product_partition_id*64513890853&mr:referralID=d5c138ea-eec2-11e5-8e98-0050569406b5&gclid=CPP82c7nz8sCFQ0SGwod-DIAKA

Maza
20-03-2016, 08:05 PM
We have the 'Simple Human' ones - very similar to the ones in the picture. I've never looked back and the mindees love them.

FloraDora
20-03-2016, 08:33 PM
We have the 'Simple Human' ones - very similar to the ones in the picture. I've never looked back and the mindees love them.

I love simply human anything!!
We have their kitchen things but the soap dispensers come in at a bit of a price which is why I thought these looked good.

Achica often does simple human stuff on offer though.

Maza
20-03-2016, 09:08 PM
I love simply human anything!!
We have their kitchen things but the soap dispensers come in at a bit of a price which is why I thought these looked good.

Achica often does simple human stuff on offer though.

OMG, just looked at them and they are pricey! DH got ours, he is good at finding bargains. I'll ask him where he got them from as I'm curious now.

sarah707
22-03-2016, 07:45 PM
I've just got simplehuman dispensers for the bathroom - delighted with them! :D

Dragonfly
23-03-2016, 07:36 AM
Sorry, but I find it strange nobody wants to touch soap/soap dispensers. Children are getting ill because of the sterile world we are living in. Clean yes, but don't touch the soap dispenser, really? What happened to the good old bar of soap?

alex__17
23-03-2016, 07:42 AM
Have to agree, you clean your hands after touching the soap dispenser

Maza
23-03-2016, 07:54 AM
Sorry, but I find it strange nobody wants to touch soap/soap dispensers. Children are getting ill because of the sterile world we are living in. Clean yes, but don't touch the soap dispenser, really? What happened to the good old bar of soap?

It's a matter of personal choice. I just prefer the look of it and to be honest, no I don't want to share a bar of soap with a potty training toddler who isn't my own child, or who is cleaning their hands after getting them caked in mud. By the way, I'm very happy to encourage them to get their hands caked in mud - not sterile in every area of my life - we all choose how to get the balance right in our own way.

Are children really getting ill because of the sterile world we live in? One minute we are moaning about how dirty hospitals are compared to the good old days when a matron was in charge of wards, and the next minute we are saying that the world is too sterile.

mama2three
23-03-2016, 08:13 AM
I do like the look of them , but dont really see the need! I use pump soap , but anyone touching the pump is going to wash their hands immediately afterwards anyway.

Maza
23-03-2016, 09:52 AM
To be honest, we love it the most in the kitchen. When we have been handling raw chicken it is so convenient to use the sensory dispenser, rather that trying to push the pump with our elbows, which is what we used to do! Yes, I personally never got ill using our old pump dispenser, but this way is much easier!

JCrakers
23-03-2016, 10:09 AM
I love a debate on 'being too clean' :D I am a believer that as a society we are too clean or becoming too clean. Children do need to build up immune systems safely.

I gave my SIL some baby toys a few years ago (before I started minding, so they were my own children's old toys) I'd washed them so they were clean but she took them from me and wouldn't give them to her child until they had been completely dettoxed and sterilised.
DH was offended as it wasn't as though she'd bought them from the charity shop and didn't know where they had been, this was family.

Her two children are always ill...picking up bugs, throat infections, colds that turn into chest infections and I often wonder if it's because she didn't allow them to 'mix with germs' when they were younger. I never sterilised toys when my two were young and as a family we are rarely ill.
My SIL never agreed with the 3 second rule (or the 10 second rule) but I always had a rule of if it wasn't covered in hair or near the toilet then it was fine to pick up an eat :laughing:

I love the idea of these soap dispensers but have to agree that if the children are touching the top of the pump then they're washing their hands afterwards anyway.

I was brought up on the old fashioned bar of soap and I've had 2 days off work ill in nearly 9yrs so it does make you think :)

Maza
23-03-2016, 10:34 AM
I love a debate on 'being too clean' :D I am a believer that as a society we are too clean or becoming too clean. Children do need to build up immune systems safely.

I gave my SIL some baby toys a few years ago (before I started minding, so they were my own children's old toys) I'd washed them so they were clean but she took them from me and wouldn't give them to her child until they had been completely dettoxed and sterilised.
DH was offended as it wasn't as though she'd bought them from the charity shop and didn't know where they had been, this was family.

Her two children are always ill...picking up bugs, throat infections, colds that turn into chest infections and I often wonder if it's because she didn't allow them to 'mix with germs' when they were younger. I never sterilised toys when my two were young and as a family we are rarely ill.
My SIL never agreed with the 3 second rule (or the 10 second rule) but I always had a rule of if it wasn't covered in hair or near the toilet then it was fine to pick up an eat :laughing:

I love the idea of these soap dispensers but have to agree that if the children are touching the top of the pump then they're washing their hands afterwards anyway.

I was brought up on the old fashioned bar of soap and I've had 2 days off work ill in nearly 9yrs so it does make you think :)

Who knows? My sister was always ill and I wasn't and we grew up in the same house. Maybe some of us are just more prone to getting ill. Yes, I have the soap dispensers but my DD will avoid washing her hands at all costs anyway, lol. You know - where they appear from the bathroom the very second you hear the loo flush and just know there was no way there hands went near the tap, let alone the soap!

I dare say if we all went to each other's houses we would smirk at some of the precautions others take and grimace at some precautions that they didn't take.

I was thinking about this on my jog this morning. Dodging the litter, dog poo, spit and people who looked like they had slept in their clothes all week - are we really becoming a sterile society?

FloraDora
23-03-2016, 02:36 PM
I use the sensory soap dispensers because they are so easy to use from a very young age. Whilst the hand pumps replaced the bar of soap the future is sensory as even my 12 month now reaches under and soap comes out, he wouldn't be able to press a pump yet. My minlaw loves it as her arthritis means a pump is becoming increasingly difficult for her. Perfect, as Maza said in the kitchen too when washing your hands after preparing raw meat.

There has been research done on the most germ infested places in public and home toilets, soap and door handles came out high. Whilst I think like others about not being completely sterile, I do think we now have the knowledge that we didn't used to have and preventative is much better. Having suffered swine flu in the epidemic I would not want a repeat...so I am a bit fussy now about what I touch publicly, doors, handrails etc and wash my hands frequently and about keeping my door handles etc...clean at home.

FussyElmo
23-03-2016, 04:15 PM
Oh why oh why did I press the link to look - Im no new newbie here but yet i made a rookie mistake.

I now NEED these for my kitchen especially when Im baking so I dont get the top of the soap dispenser cover in dough cake mix etc. Now if someone could fins me a cheap kitchen tap that has a sensor too.

i also didnt know just how much I needed the fruit infuser bottles.

Im so weak when it comes to a gadget for the kitchen :laughing::laughing::laughing:

BallyH
23-03-2016, 06:16 PM
I use the sensory soap dispensers because they are so easy to use from a very young age. Whilst the hand pumps replaced the bar of soap the future is sensory as even my 12 month now reaches under and soap comes out, he wouldn't be able to press a pump yet. My minlaw loves it as her arthritis means a pump is becoming increasingly difficult for her. Perfect, as Maza said in the kitchen too when washing your hands after preparing raw meat.

There has been research done on the most germ infested places in public and home toilets, soap and door handles came out high. Whilst I think like others about not being completely sterile, I do think we now have the knowledge that we didn't used to have and preventative is much better. Having suffered swine flu in the epidemic I would not want a repeat...so I am a bit fussy now about what I touch publicly, doors, handrails etc and wash my hands frequently and about keeping my door handles etc...clean at home.
Oh don't get me started on public toilets. Why provide sensors to flush the toilet yet we still have to manually open the 'ucky' door?

Maza
23-03-2016, 07:36 PM
Do you know what must be the dirtiest thing that we handle daily - money! We have no idea which pockets our coins were in before ours, or who handled it after never washing their hands (regardless of soap type). It brings a whole new meaning to the term 'filthy rich'.

BallyH
23-03-2016, 07:41 PM
Do you know what must be the dirtiest thing that we handle daily - money! We have no idea which pockets our coins were in before ours, or who handled it after never washing their hands (regardless of soap type). It brings a whole new meaning to the term 'filthy rich'.
Oh yes. I use to be a cashier in a bank and we use to dread the butcher paying in his day's takings.

FussyElmo
23-03-2016, 07:47 PM
Oh yes. I use to be a cashier in a bank and we use to dread the butcher paying in his day's takings.

Ewwwwww that's not worth thinking about

FloraDora
23-03-2016, 08:54 PM

Now I have a whole new worry - visiting butcher tomorrow and will paying by card from now on- I don't want their change in my hands!
In fact, I will only be using my card in the future - I will be a cashless person, just like my children who never have any cash on them .....and the queen of course!