PDA

View Full Version : do I need to give notice

chris goodyear
14-03-2016, 11:36 AM
Well that lasted long!! Child came her 2 days last week -all be it late - and her next day is today and ----------- no show and no call/text!! Really fed up with it now. I know I am getting paid for not having her but that's beside the point. She is using a place someone else could have and it's just rude to not inform me (or am I just being old fashioned?)

JCrakers
14-03-2016, 11:44 AM
Well that lasted long!! Child came her 2 days last week -all be it late - and her next day is today and ----------- no show and no call/text!! Really fed up with it now. I know I am getting paid for not having her but that's beside the point. She is using a place someone else could have and it's just rude to not inform me (or am I just being old fashioned?)

I started replying and then had to delete my sentence....thought long and hard before I wrote as not to say the wrong thing. :rolleyes:

I would give notice, its rude just not to turn up without a phonecall/text and its happening a lot. The 2yr old funding is put in place to help disadvantaged families and give education to the children but....they obviously have more important things to do than turn up....its rude!

Mouse
14-03-2016, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't be able to work with the uncertainty, so would give notice. Easter would be a convenient time so you can kee your funding up until then but not claim for next term.

k1rstie
14-03-2016, 12:23 PM
As JC said 2 year old funding is for disadvantaged children. Although mum is not paying, so in her mind it's free, so that's the problem, we all know that nothing is really free, and that it's being paid for by everyone else.
I would personally contact your funding term again, and suggest you are thinking about giving notice. What a waste of an opportunity for this child.

blue bear
14-03-2016, 12:44 PM
If they take more than two weeks off in a term you could be asked to pay the money back depending which la you are in, I'd ring the la and discuss the issue you have then give notice, mum obviously doesn't really need it if she's not turning up unless you have identified other issues that prevent the child attending regularly ?

rickysmiths
14-03-2016, 02:56 PM
I think that the local LA Funding Team need to know and also the Children's Centre and Health Visitor.

This child has met certain criteria in order to qualify for this Funding. It is a matter of concern that they are not coming and indeed could be considered a Safeguarding concern.

This needs to be discussed before you just give notice I think for the well-being of the child.